New York, NY 10009
The Shorin Kai International (SKI) is an all Shorin-ryu organization.
Shorin Kai International (SKI) is dedicated to providing advice, and guidance to those who are serious about personal growth. SKI is dedicated towards maintaining and perserving all kata in their original state. SKI is more a state of mind, or an open mindedness towards modern techniques while never overlooking or neglecting the techniques and principles of the past.
KI consists of the most senior former members of Eizo Shimabukuro's Karate-do association. SKI has the experience and know-how to assist it's members in technical and business areas associated with training and running a dojo. We provide special training, seminars and events in every aspect of martial arts education.
Our main goal and objective is to preserve traditional Okinawan Shorinryu Karate-Do at it's highest level. We are also interested in
educating members to techniques and systems that are innovative and at the same time tie in with traditional Karate-do. SKI provides an environment conducive to openess and consistency. The SKI family encourages initiative and independence and feelings of ownership within
the association to it's members.
There are no reviews yet
I ask what is the student looking for?
What i s the student's background in atheletics, dance, and mind body connection
If I accept the new student:
• We go through a basic warmup - stretches and strength training.
* Start off with a basic kata that goes with the student's strength and personlity.
Lineage of Rittersporn, Kyoshi:
• Sensei Vincent Butta (JKA-style Shotokan) - Bronx NY**
• Sensei Michael Blackhurst Shorin-ryu* - NYU
• Sensei Tony Schiffano Isshin-ryu Karate - NYC
• Scott Ashley Matsubayashi Shorin-ryu - NYC
• Sensei Jerry Gould Shorin-ryu* Renton Washington
• Grand Master Eizo Shimabukuro - Okinawa / Rendokan Shorin-ryu
• Hanshi Charles R. Bonét Shorin-ryu* - Bronx NY
• Shihan Felix Berrios Eizan-ryu Jujutsu - NYC