I am the King of Spiritual Hooligans without any borders and limitations a dreaming voyager celebrating love, misery, light, and darkness of universe via vivid imagination, spurious style, and striking color. Realist, surrealist, socialist, cubist, capitalist, impressionist, modernist or conformist, none of these confines me other than Artist.
Tak Rex In Foro Sancti: Tak The King of Spiritual Hooligans.
I have over 35 years of experience as a professional Artist and over 30 years of experience as a professional educator and an art professor in higher education. I offer the following classes:
1. Fundamentals of Observational Drawing,
2. Introduction to Color Theory and Watercolors,
3. Perspective Drawing,
4. Observational Drawing I: Composition, Still Lives, Scenery
5. Painting I: Watercolors and Acrylics, Composition, Still Lives, Scenery
6. Drawing Anatomy I,
7. Painting II: Introduction to Oils, Composition, Still Lives, Scenery
8. Drawing Anatomy II,
9. Painting III: Figure and Self Portrait,
10. Caricatures and Cartoons,
11. Advance Drawing and Painting: Creative and Critical Thinking, Mixed or Single Medium.
You can review more about me as an award winning Artist, animator, director and educator at the www.TakSalmastyan.com , and to have a complete understanding please review all the sections of the website.
A philosopher once wrote that, in the ideal society, the best people would be teachers.
In my view, an art student is not only a person but also a world, an undiscovered world that I have the privilege and honor to discover and, hopefully, help develop into something even greater.
As a fine artist, I am extremally passionate about creating art. I am a classically trained Fine Artist that developed his unique style over the years. I can use and teach almost all media available to fine artists starting from traditional mediums such as graphite, charcoal, pastel, watercolors, acrylics and more, to modern day digital such as Adobe CC, 3D Studio, and Maya software application. Moreover, I enjoy writing about art and about art education. My dissertation was on the art education, and specifically about beginner art students and their studies. Based on my research I developed my unique method of teaching that discredits the idea of: “you need a talent to learn how to draw or paint.” Therefore, I can teach anyone how to draw or paint if they have a wish to learn.
In summary, I am deeply committed to providing an art-centered learning environment that is both exciting and challenging, one that empowers both students and teachers.
Tak is an incredibly professional and patient teacher, but also very fun to learn from. When I took his perspective class, he really cared about us making great work while also retaining the concepts. It was the right balance of instructive and creative. 10/10 would take another class with him again!
Tak is a fabulous fine art teacher. He is serious about art and is serious about having his students refine and unlock their artistic abilities. In working with him, I really liked that he cared about my artistic passions and was straightforward and taught useful information and techniques. His humor was also a highlight! Thank you, Tak!
He’s a really amazing artist and an even better teacher/person , I still have two of my art projects I framed on my wall.
I learned a lot and love the support I received as a student. Tak is a great teacher.
Finding the student needs.
I am a classically traind fine artist with over 35 years of experience with a doctorate in art education.
The classes are 10 hours courses for 10 weeks, two hours per week.The cost of classes are $35.00 ($35.00 hourly) per person and is a 100% tax-deductible donation with a lifetime email availability after completion of any course. The following classes are offered for the beginners and recommended to take in the sequential order:
1. Fundamentals of Observational Drawing, (no prerequisite)
2. Fundamentals of Painting, Color Theory, and Introduction to Watercolors, (no prerequisite)
3. Perspective Drawing, (prerequisite is 1)
4. Observational Drawing I: Composition, Still Life, Landscape, (prerequisites 1 to 3)
5. Painting I: Watercolors/Acrylics, Composition, Still Life, Landscape, (prerequisites 1 to 3)
6. Drawing Anatomy I, (prerequisites 1 to 4)
7. Painting II: Introduction to Oils, Composition, Still Life, Landscape, (prerequisites 1 to 5)
8. Drawing Anatomy II: Figure and Self Portrait, (prerequisites 1 to 6)
9. Painting III: Figure and Self Portrait, (prerequisites 1 to 8)
10. Caricatures and Cartoons, (prerequisites 1 to 9)
11. Advance Drawing/Painting: Visual Creative/Critical Thinking with Mixed or Single Mediums.
12. Building an impressive collection of paintings, drawings, and art portfolio.
Syllabus and weekly activities will be distributed at the first class of the course.
A philosopher once wrote that, in the ideal society, the best people would be teachers. Since I was 16, I knew that I wanted to be a teacher. What I did not know, however, was that I would teach on three different continents Europe, Asia, and North America. In three different countries Armenia, Russia, and United States. In three different languages Armenian, Russian, and English. Using three different instructional methods military-centered, teacher-centered, and learner-centered in the most diverse classroom environments.
14 years old and up students
One percent talent and ninety-nine percent determination with everyday practice the sky even will not be a limit for you.
Just be honest