My practices are detail-oriented, customized, and progressive. I evaluate each player, determine and prioritize their needs, and follow a specialized plan to achieve the goals defined.
My comprehensive training system, "Symmetrical Soccer," is a fresh, creative approach that guarantees improved ball skills, fitness, and match preparedness for boys and girls of all ages and experience levels.
My fascination for the sport, like many others, was nearly instantaneous, but my fascination for the art of training for the sport was not discovered until I was about 8 or 9 years of age. During that time, aside from already having my skills-oriented team practices, I would receive additional personal skills training from various well-respected trainers. By the time I was 13, I grew experienced enough to attempt running skills sessions on my own. Over the years, I combined ideas from many different trainers and developed a comprehensive training system, which works the athlete's right and left foot symmetrically, within the sequence of the same exercise. I began training my first student a decade ago, and through word of mouth, have spread all across the Los Angeles and San Diego areas and all the way to Armenia where I trained the Women's Armenian Premier League champions for four months during their preseason.
The best part of what I do is having the special ability to help players of all ages and skill levels make it to the next big step in their soccer careers and in their lives.
Coach Garen has a very detailed teaching program for soccer that is superb. He is also a great motivational coach and instructor. My 5 year old son, after one lesson with Coach Garen, said he only wanted to take lessons from him going forward. My 8 year old son made remarkable improvements in his game after one session, and came home wanting to watch soccer all the time. Coach is very motivated and serious about training, and the kids pick up on that and enjoy it. He does not yell or scream - he uses his calm and sincere manner to get his point across effectively. Can’t say enough good things about him.
1. ASSESSING THE PLAYER
2. FOCUSING ON TECHNIQUE
3. BUILDING CONFIDENCE
4. VENTURING OUTSIDE THE COMFORT ZONE
5. INCREASING TRAINING INTENSITY AND COMPLEXITY
6. UNDERSTANDING MATCH-TIME APPLICATIONS
• Personal Soccer Trainer for the past 12 years. My trainees range from 5 years olds to Division 1 college athletes and professionals
• Head Coach of '04 and '08 Boys teams at LA Premier FC
• Assistant Coach at Occidental College
• Head Coach at Hoover High School
• Head Trainer for the women's soccer team of Senik Arakelyan, who was recently recognized as the UEFA Best Grassroots Leader in 2017
• Head Skills Trainer at Arpa FC (UPSL)
• Head Coach at LA International FC
• Assistant Coach / Head Skills Trainer at Crescenta Valley Soccer Club
• Creator of the "Symmetrical Soccer" training system
• Hired by multiple independent club teams and high schools to run skills clinics
• Professional athlete for FC Shirak in the Armenian Premier League
• Semi-professional athlete for Arpa FC in UPSL
• UCSD Club Soccer Fall League Champions, Regional Finalists, National Semi-Finalists
• Played in friendlies against multiple pro teams in the United States, including the 7 time K-League champions, Seongnam FC, and the New York Cosmos
• Cal South club soccer for 11 years straight with various teams (Flyers, Santa Anita SC, Rampage FC, LAFC, Ventura County Fusion)
• Nationally ranked #1 in the United States with Rampage FC in 2005-2006
• High School First Team All-League Honors (11th and 12th grade)
• Dallas Cup Finalists and multiple Cal South League and League Cup Champions
60 min - $40
SMALL GROUP SESSIONS
2 players : 60 min - $30 each
3 players : 60 min - $25 each
4+ players : 60 min - $20 each
60 min - $100
My trainees range from 5 years olds to Division 1 college athletes and professionals.