We are a high-end commercial portrait photography studio that also hosts private and group photography workshops led by experienced professionals. Checkout our website for more information:
Being a freelance photographer is incredibly rewarding, both creatively and being able to set your work schedule as you want.
Leon at Studio-FAB Photography is a wonderful mentor. He is full of insider tips and tricks on how to get great shots of people. A great place to go if you want to learn about how to shoot better photos of people!
Studio-FAB offers 4 types of classes:
1. Group Workshops ($99-150), for 4-5 hours with a 1-hour lecture and image review session, and then 3-hours of practical experience taking turns shooting with a professional model. These workshops are typically limited to 8-9 photographers.
2. Small Group Workshops ($150-$250), 2-3 hour classes with 2-3 students which allows for more specialized classes designed around the students interests.
3. Private classes ($100/hr), private tutoring to answer any personal questions.
4. Monthly Webinars ($29/m), we host online portfolio and image reviews bi-monthly which give people a lot of post-processing tips and allows for extra Q&A help so photographers can get their personal questions answered. It also allows us to follow our student’s progress and make more educated recommendations on how to advance their craft and/or their business.
Our lead photographer, Leon Saperstein, has over 18years experience shooting commercial Photography for clients like: Marie Claire, Elle, Cosmo, Tatler, etc.
Yes, as stated previously our pricing depends on the type of lesson, and we also offer 20% discount for booklets of 10 hours or more of private or semi-private lessons.
Leon Saperstein moved to Paris France and began his photography career in 1999 and then started teaching in his Paris photo studio in 2008. Then when he moved to New York in 2013, he continued teaching photography workshops and continues today in his new studio in Downtown Oakland California.
Most of our students are young aspiring professionals, seasoned professionals who want to learn a new technique (like how to photograph people better), and retirees who have time to pursue a new hobby.
We specialize in photographing people and as a group, we enjoy art, portrait, and fashion photography workshops.
Group classes can be less expensive and a fun social event, but the most growth can be achieved by scheduling a series of private lessons over the course of a few months. This can allow us to follow up with your progress and guide you in the right direction. Each private lesson is custom tailored to what each student needs to take their photography to the next level.
1. The most important question to ask is if the professor is someone who has ample experience in what you are wanting to learn.
2. The next thing to consider is your budget and knowing how much you are able to invest to jumpstart your career (or if photography is your hobby, how valuable is the help to learn a new artistic lighting technique).
3. And scheduling is important since serious professionals (who are the best people to learn from compared to people who teach, but who can't practice what they preach) have a busy schedule and you as a student may need to be flexible to fit into the instructor's schedule.