I have taught art from the ages of preschool all the way into adulthood. I am passionate about helping people and children find their own and most rewarding way for self expression. I believe in true empowerment so that anyone can look upon their creations and feel progress and triumph. Art is symbolic for demostrating meaning and what it means to be a spiritual, thoughtful, and feeling human being. Seeing that ah-ha moment and the sparkles in their eyes is why I love teaching so much.
Proud of having many of my works published and decorated with many awards- please ask if curious about all my credentials.
Personal Website: www.drewbeam.com
There are no reviews yet
1. Discover why they are curious and passionate to create art.
2. Understand what they currently know and have developed to date in self expression
3. Ask what they hope to achieve
4. Create a custom curriculum
5. Begin working with them to create solely based on what excites them. I do not start with theory and foundations- I start with their passions (important but best introduced once there is true devotion and excitement to create established.... we have all heard the stories that taking piano lessons was boring with scales and rejecting the classes only to desire them much later in life .. art is no different. Bring in the creative mind before the critical mind)
4. Nudge the student to ask themsleves "is what I created an authentic reflection of my unique voice?"
5. Celebrate their progress
6. Explore what sort of futures they can have with art
7. Begin to understand how others have created art and how they might want to learn from the greats
Rhode Island School of Design Graduate
Taught pre-school - adult levels of education at various schools and workshops.
Studied in Rome Baroque Painting copying masterpieces in various museums to learn how they made magic
Extensive studies in anatomy- A focus on medical illustration
For private lessons my rate is $150 an hour.
For group lessons my rate drops depending on the number of participants
I also will reduce rates for low income families. So please ask me about your needs to find an agreeable way of working together :)
I was asked to serve on Drew School's board( a private high school in san francisco) and put in a request to also teach. I taught:
All ages and all leveles - beginner to expert
Recently had a great painting show in Mendocino. I submitted 2 paintings and each one recieved an award out of thousands of applicants: Best in Show & 1st PLace
Find a teacher that is versatile in many styles and approaches to teaching/learning. A teacher that you feel could bring you more alive through your passion to express your unique persective by the rewarding and meaningful world of art
Why do you want to make art? What would you hope to do with great art? What artists excite you and and why?