- Collegiate-Level Basketball Player (Point Guard) from 2009-2013
- 10+ Years of experience working with basketball athletes of all levels up to college
Some of the skills that I would work on with your athlete include, but are not limited to the following:
- Dribbling (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- Shooting (catch-and-shoot, off-the-dribble, pull-up, free-throws, mid-range, 3-pointers)
- Proper lay-up form (right-hand, left-hand, etc.)
- Agility & Plyometrics
- Proper Warm-up & Cool-down protocols
- Sports Specific Strength Training
- Nutrition Coaching for Athletes
Having played basketball up into the collegiate-level, I understand the hard work it takes & the many number of coaches, trainers, and family members involved with my development as a basketball player.
I have a passion for basketball and love helping youth improve in their game.
There are no reviews yet
First session is complimentary, so that the athlete (and parent) can get a sense of the value behind working with me. A short questionnaire will be utilized to help me understand goals & focuses for any athlete I work with.
I studied Kinesiology & Economics in college, played basketball at the collegiate level, and have 10+ years of working with athletes of all ages in basketball skill & strength work. In addition, I am a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
Each session is 60-min, and pricing is dependent on the following:
- Location (indoor or outdoor)
- Pay per session vs. Package Pricing
* Small group training (2-4 athletes) makes the hourly more affordable - which is another option.
I had always helped my High School and College with Basketball Summer Camps. And after graduating college, playing basketball in competitive leagues, and working in the strength & conditioning world, I began to miss being around basketball as much as I did growing up. I began with references and working with my alma mater & a few neighboring high schools, and the rest is history. I really enjoy seeing younger athletes improve their game and find the same love & passion that I have for basketball.
I started mostly working with youth from 6 - 12 years old. Then, after college, I began working with high school and college-level athletes. My focus at the present moment is working with athletes at the high school level or younger.
Moving to San Diego! My wife & I are excited to build our future here.
- Find someone that has a passion for the game of basketball
- Find someone that enjoys working with "the students age range".
- With basketball skill development, the key is consistency & building sound foundational habits. Make sure your coach has experience playing basketball beyond high school and has experience working with athletes in the development of their game, strength, & character.
- What does the student want out of working with a basketball skills coach?
- What is the student's commitment level?
- What location makes sense for the student to work out/train out of?
- What days/times are ideal for the student?