Award-winning Washington Photo Safari teaches the techniques of photography by taking clients on half-day and full-day photo shoots around key sites of the nation’s capital and other cities, while an accompanying professional photographer offers participants extensive tips in camera use, image composition and design, proper exposure, lighting, and composition .
Top-rated in Viator, Yelp, Google, and an annual 5-star winner of Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence, Washington Photo Safari is now one of the country’s largest providers of hands-on photography field trips, with a team of 11 professional photographers training an average of 5 people/day on many unique domestic and international “photo safaris”.
Photographers of all skill levels are invited to participate in the photo Safaris and any camera is acceptable, even cell phone cameras. Washington Photo Safari now conducts 5 to 6 photo excursions every week, rain or shine, throughout the entire year. Safaris are also presented in close-by locations including DC. Frederick, Annapolis and Baltimore. Principal travel photography workshops cover the major sites of DC including the monuments, memorials, and cathedrals. Beyond these key sites, specialty Safaris are offered in techniques in nature photography , f stops and shutter speeds, architectural, , food, pet, macro, museum, abstracts, candid kids, composition, indoor/outdoor portraiture, and street photography taught by a PulitzerPrize-winning photojournalist.
helping a client achieve that "Aha!" moment in discovering all the functions of his/her camera
There are no reviews yet
1) a client searches on the web for photography instruction in the DC area
2) they find us, they sign up for any one of 140 different itineraries and sites that we offer
3) we conduct half-day and full-day instruction classes in the field with hands-on trauning to the clients while they are taking pictures. groups generally average 6-7 people, and the safaris are genberally priced under $100
1)Training at the Parsin School of Design Photogra0hy in paris course, working with a protege of henti cartier Bresson;
2) Took courses with New York Inatitute of Photography;
3) Honors graduate of Amherst College, MA
4) 20 years serving as photography instructor, have trained over 35,000 amateur photographers on 5,400 photo safaris, receiving hundreds of 5-star rebiews on Trip Advisor
Pricing ranges from $69/person to $99 for half-day sessions, $185 to $198 for full day sessions