I have been teaching and creating in my own private studio since college (1985 - graduated with a B.S. in Art from Nebraska Wesleyan University with an emphasis in painting and gallery management). I also owned an art gallery in Charlotte, NC for 4 years that supported emerging artists and craftsmen and taught classes to the general public in creative topics. I prefer to teach teenagers to adults as my style is advanced. I always find out what the student is interest in first, and will customize the lessons around that interest - abstract, realism, landscapes, etc.
It's my TRUE self -- being creative. I enjoy showing others how to tap into their creative selves and exercise that right brain that often goes dormant in daily life.
Her Education and experience
TEENS AND ADULTS ONLY.
1) determine the location of training - for me to come to you is $45/hour within 30 miles of New Port Richey , $60/hour within 70 miles of NPR (discounts available to prepay for 2+ months worth of sessions). For you to come to me is $35/hour. For SKYPE lessons it is $30/hour or $15/half hour.
2) review what the student has already been creating on their own
3) find out their goals, their skillset
4) discover what type of subject matter they enjoy (landscapes, animals, abstracts, etc.)
5) discuss tools needed in their studio
6) learn about color theory, paint mixing, different styles of painting - impressionist, expressionistic, abstract, realism, etc.
7) discuss design, composition
8) projects will evolve from there
I have a BS degree in Art - emphasis in painting and gallery management. I have tutored art since college (1984) and taught college level art to many. I owned my own art gallery in Charlotte, NC and had a classroom onsite where I taught "non-artist" adults how to find their creative side and tap into it. I was an artist/instructor at "Painting with a Twist" studios in the Tampa Bay area (St. Pete, Clearwater and Brandon locations) for 2 years when I first moved to Florida -- painting parties are fun, but I can also delve deeper in the subject for more serious students. I have entered many shows with my own art over the years, won accolades and awards since my youth, and continue to create every day and encourage others to work their right brain daily!
Please read -- if you are not willing to pay these minimums, please do not ask for a quote. I have to pay this website a fee on every quote.
$45/hour - within 30 miles of New Port Richey, FL if I come to your home
$35/hour if you come to my home studio in New Port Richey, FL
$60/hour - if you live 30 to 70 miles away from me -- more than that, it would require online lessons only.
$30/hour for a Skype session online (or $15/half hour)
20% off 2-3 months of lessons (2x month) pre-paid
It came naturally. I'm very patient and my enthusiasm for it grew as I saw others progress. I like to be the expert and share what I know. I am also a trainer/coach for Realtors (my work self) and enjoy watching others succeed from my teachings.
I prefer working with teenagers and adults who want to take their art self to a new levels, or tap into their creative self. My teaching style is too advanced for children under the age of 12.
Any of the area art festivals inspire me --- part of my retirement plan is to have my own booth of art. It's in the works!
Make sure they understand your goals and interests. Some teach ONLY the style and subject matter they like. I focus on "creativity" -- not "style".