I find teaching fun because getting to know my student and being able to strive/ problem solve together is a fulfilling experience. i love seeing my students grow, improve, and find a new musical outlet to express their feelings.
Ms. Lu is my idol! She’s such an amazing flutist and I want to be just like her. She’s super funny and I love playing flute for her.
Ms. Lu is a very good teacher who gave my daughter a lot of detailed instruction. She helped my daughter find joy in music making and my daughter really liked working with her. She helped my daughter get into Philadelphia Youth Orchestra and All State.
Contact me through my website for information.
1. Juilliard, Colburn School (professional Studies Certificate), CarnegieMellonUniversity (MM),Cincinnati Conservatory (BM)
2. New WorldSymphony in Miami Beach
3. Studied inFrance
1. Have they gotten professional training themselves? (So they don't teach improper methods) flute is a tough instrument to learn. You can't physically see everything one is doing to produce the best tone. Contrary to popular opinion, finger technique is notthe most important/difficult aspect of flute playing.
2. Are they in the scene?
3. What kind of music are you trying to play? If you're looking for strong fundamentals/competition and audition prep, look for orchestral musicians with a strong training. If you're looking to play Cuban flute- is this teacher a flutist in a band? If you want to play for fun, what kind of personality does this teacher have?
4. Try different teachers out and decide for yourself