We enjoy sharing the gift of music to people of all ages. It’s gratif seeing students grow into musicians.
Absolutely the best lessons anywhere
Maurice really cares about delivering a great experience for his students and thus students are more likely to get the results they are looking for.
Maurice has an incredible way of teaching you not just to play music and understanding the theory involved but he breaks down the mechanics of playing technique like no other instructor I’ve studied under. He helped me take my guitar and mandolin playing to another level. Highly recommended!
I’ve been taking lessons for a few years. Maurice is willing to help you learn anything you want to play.
1. Access the students level
2. Determine the students long term and short term goals
3. Determine the genre and styles of music the student wishes to learn
4. Teach foundational aspects of music (music theory, technique, aural skills, etc) while introducing music in the style and genre the student enjoys as he/she progresses
5. Teach students how to properly practice so they can achieve their goals musically
We are the only studio in Frederick that our instructors are 100% professional musicians who make a living doing only music. Our instructors have touring experience and degrees in music up to the doctorate level here.
$26 for one on one 30 minute private lesson
$52 for one on one 60 minute private lesson
I was asked to start teaching while at music conservatory at age 19. I later became a student teacher for my masters and the teaching continued on to other schools and the studio.
All levels and ages. As young as 4 years old to 87 years old. We specialize in teaching all levels (even semi-professionals and professionals) but we love teaching beginners and intermediates.
I’ve released a number of music instructional videos on TrueFire. Truefire is the world largest source of online music education and I’m proud to be part of it.
I also write for various guitar magazine publications and my last article was on Riff Journal.
1. Does the teacher have a degree in music?
2. Is the teacher a member of the Musicians Union?
3. Does the teacher have performance experience on tour?
4. How many years has the teacher been teaching?
5. Does the teacher only do music for a living?
1. What are your short term goals in music?
2. What are your long term goals in music?
3. What music genres do you wish to study?
4. How much time should I commit to music?
5. How do I practice effectively and efficiently?
Guitar Lessons Acoustic Guitar Lessons Banjo Lessons Bass Guitar Lessons Bluegrass Guitar Lessons Blues Guitar Lessons Classical Guitar Lessons Country Guitar Lessons Electric Guitar Lessons Flamenco Guitar Lessons Mandolin Lessons Music Performance Lessons Songwriting Classes Ukulele Lessons Audition Prep Lessons Composition Lessons Music Theory Lessons