Kathleen Elizabeth Art
My style of painting keeps the doors of creativity wide open. I paint in a new age intuitive sort of style mixed with the old master's technique, the mische technique. I limit materials to avoid excess waste of paint, and instill good habbits into the practice.
No reviews (yet)
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new student?
1. Story time- What inspiration has brought you here? Where are you on your artistic journey? What do you want to create?
2. Materials- The basics. Brushes, paints, pencils, mediums, water, charcoals, paper, canvas.
3. Composition.-we discuss what essential elements make a pleasing image.
4. Demo first layer of painting. I demonstrate how to start a painting. Sharing my own intuitive process.
4. Studio time. I am available for questions, but recommend deep submersion into painting at this point.
5. Playing with values. This is where we plateaue for a while, while we dial in the vision, blend and twist the images into our dream. I will first give a demo and then will continue painting. I find watching someone paint gives us some really neat understandings.
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
I never wanted to go to college, have had a fantastic time teaching myself and also learning from these masters.
2015 - Amanda Sage - Painting with light workshop
2016 - Morgan Mandala & Randall Roberts - Art as prayer workshop
2018 - Autumm Skye Morrison - Soul portrait retreat
Do you have a standard pricing system for your lessons? If so, please share the details here.
$120 for the 1st lesson.
I will supply you wish brushes and palette, and all of my paints will be totally available to you. Class should last from 3 to 5 hours long.
$100 for every class after.
How did you get started teaching?
My friends who paint say they learn a lot from me, and I am just following that hoping to inspire many.