The only basketball training in the SJ area that combines athletic training with in-game intelligence. Former Div 1 collegiate (Temple U.) and pro player with coaching experience.
• Current basketball trainer at Maximum Skills at CHHRC
• Develop players from the middle school to high school level.
• Former basketball trainer at Nexxt Level Sports (Voorhees, NJ)
• 5 Star Basketball Camp Councilor/Coach (Mass)
• Fran Dunphy Basketball Camp Coach/Councilor
• Coach 17 and Under Boys Basketball Abroad (Iceland)
• Has played professionally in various countries, including Denmark, Canada, Iceland, Czech Rep and Costa Rica
• Participated in various community service basketball clinics for youth
• Coached at local high school and college practices
• Assist coaches with practice and drill development
• One on one coaching with players
• 2009 - 2015
• Played in 3 countries:
• 09-11 Iceland
• 11-12 Czech Republic
• 12-13 Costa Rica
• 13-14 Canada
• 14-15 Denmark
• Professional Awards: Defensive POY, All Imports Team
• Averaged 21 pts 5 ast 5 rebs (while in Iceland)
• Led team to championship (while in Iceland)
• 2012 Earn Contract for NBA Development League
• NBA Private workout with Former Phila 76ers Coach Doug Collins
Temple University, Phila PA
(Full Athletic Scholarship)
• Played all four years (3 year starter)
• Led team in assist and steals
• Led team to 2 post-season NCAA Tournaments
• Led team to 2 consecutive A10 Conference
• Woodrow Wilson High School
• 4 Year Varsity Starter
• Group 3 All SJ 1st Team 2 Years
• Led team to Group 3 Championship
• Eastern Rotary Christmas Tournament MVP
• Avg 21pts 7 ast 5 rebs as a senior
• 1,000 Point Club with over 1,400 pts
• Full Athletic Scholarship offers from:
Rider, Fairleigh Dickerson, George Mason, Georgetown
James Madison, Kent State, Drexel, Iowa to name a few.
• Signed to Temple University during junior season
• Last recruit of Hall of Fame Coach John Chaney
• Veterans Memorial Middle School
• 2000-2001 Camden City Champions 15-0
• Avg 22pts 5 rebs 6 ast
I love helping players achieve their basketball goals. Whether you are trying to make your school or travel team, trying to get more minutes or if you are trying to take your current game to the next level I love the process of it all. I've personally done all of these things whichs makes my ability to help you valuable.
It brings me great joy when me players come to be with news of making their respective team or getting that starting spot!
I've had a great deal of success playing this game at a high level. My goal is to take all of my experiences and pour it into the next generation so that they to can experience success at this game also!
Hands on training and very professional my son can’t wait for his next session
My son really enjoyed his first session with Coach Semaj. He taught him some skills and they worked on several aspects of fundamentals . Coach Semaj keeps him in the now and ,I can see improvement in my sons game very shortly . Looking forward to his next session ! 😃
Coach Semaj was excellent. He had my son engaged from the minute they hit the court. Towards the end of his session, I could actually see his skill level had improved. I highly recommend him.
My experience with Coach Semaj could not have went better. He runs a very smooth and organized training session with no time wasted. Coach Semaj worked with my younger sister who needed some professional guided tips to transition her game to the high school level. After one training session, she left feeling very confident and cannot wait to focus on these tips in game scenarios. I look forward to booking Coach Semaj in the future!
Day one I usually ask the student about his/her strengths and weaknesses as player. I also try to know their biggest fear during a typical basketball game. The objective of this conversation is to find out exactly how I can help the student reach their maximum potential. Once I acquire enough information about my student, I begin by implementing drills that will target their needs.
For example, if a student’s main focus is shooting, we will start with warm-up shooting drills to get an over view of their form and technique. If the form and technique are good, we will move unto dynamic shootings drills such as one dribble jump shot, two dribble jump shot, perimeter shooting and more. If the shooting form or technique needs some adjustments, we will work on it. This method applies to all aspects of the player’s game. My main goal is to make sure that the student is a better basketball player at the end of the session.
My sessions are very challenging. I try to push you as hard as I can to get the best out of you. Each drill is geared towards strengthening your game. I also try to strengthen your mental toughness by adding pressure situations to each drill.
For example, can you make ten jump shots in a minute and a half? Your first reaction will be, “a minute an a half?” Instead of having such a reaction, I want you to challenge yourself, and try to make ten jump shots in a minute and a half. The key is to CHALLENGE YOURSELF!
Basketball skill development is like a piggy bank. You get out of it what you put into it.