Guitar lessons take place at my home in Fanwood, NJ Availability:
Mon-Thu, 6PM to 8PM (year-round)
Sat 10AM-Noon (Oct - March)
** Learn the acoustic fingerstyle guitar techniques used in Blues, Folk and popular music by artists like:
- Robert Johnson,
- Rev. Gary Davis,
- Muddy Waters,
- Big Bill Broonzy,
- Eric Clapton,
- Paul Simon,
- Fleetwood Mac,
- The Beatles,
- Jefferson Airplane and Hot Tuna
** What you can expect from me:
- Customized lessons tailored to your fingerstyle guitar goals.
- Tab materials for basic exercises and introductory pieces.
- Written reference sheets for guitar technique and music theory.
** My approach:
I invite the student to play me a sample song/piece that they feel demonstrates their current ability. I ask about their goals and encourage them to list a few songs or maybe artists that inspire them. I also play an example song to make sure they have a good sense of my abilities. I tailor lessons to suit the student's goals. Generally, I like to use a song as the focus of the lesson and teach the techniques and music theory that support that song.
** The qualities I look for in an ideal guitar student:
- Beginner or Intermediate acoustic guitar player that has a strong desire to learn fingerstyle guitar technique or move to the next level.
- Someone who enjoys the process as much as reaching the goal - it's all about the journey. :-)
Steve and I hit it off. We are on the same page regarding what I am trying to accomplish. Very happy with progress