Kris is an award-winning NYC-based photographer who has been on assignment everywhere from the White House to the flooded streets of Bangkok. Barack Obama, Jeff Goldblum, Jessie Jackson, Carla Hall, Ben Bernanke, and Chadwick Boseman are just a few of the iconic subjects that have graced his portraiture, all photographed with a unique style defined by soft lighting, quickness, and simplicity in composition...
Kris is the contributing photographer for celebrity chef Judy Joo's monthly column for OK! Magazine titled "OK! CELEB CHEFS with Chef Judy Joo,” where he has photographed well-known chefs like Carla Hall, Daniel Boulud, Alex Guarnaschelli, Missy Robbins, Scott Conant, and Seamus Mullen at their restaurants around NYC.
There are no reviews yet
1. I first like to find out where the passion for photography comes from with the student. What makes them want to pick up the camera.
2. Have them list what they feel their strengths and weaknesses are with photography.
3. What they want to learn from me, that will help improve their photography.
4. What type of camera, lenses, flashes, and software they have at their deposal.
5. Layout a game plan if that's from seeing what we can accomplish in one lesson to mapping out a year-long lesson plan.
6. Get to shooting
Kris is also heavily involved in mentorship and education, sitting on the board of the New York City chapter of the American Society of Media Photographers. He regularly speaks at universities and seminars about the business of photography and has been an instructor and judge at workshops like DC SHOOTOFF. "One of my greatest enjoyments is giving back to the photography community," he says.
$200 up to two hours in the Manhattan borough and $100 an hour after that. For areas outside of Manhattan up to 20miles add a $50 per lesson fee. For multiple lessons, package deals can be discussed.
I have worked with a wide range of students ranging from the hobbyist, photography students at universities, active service members, to professional photographers.
Find the right type of instructor that matches the type of photography that you want to learn. I specialize in reportage, editorial & commercial portraiture and food.