I am a professional dancer and dance/fitness instructor with a background primarily in ballet, contemporary dance, yoga, conditioning and barre fitness. I have been working privately with students and group classes for 10+ years. I customize private lessons to suit the needs of each individual client to make a workout that you enjoy!
I love seeing my students progress and feel better in their bodies. Dance and fitness is for everybody, and I enjoy sharing my passion with others on their journies to a happier and healthier life.
Lindsey has over a decade of experience and it certainly shows. She is always ready to tailor the experience to my specific needs - even as they change from week to week! Never have I worked with such a knowledgeable and personable trainer.
I usually start with an email or phone conversation gathering basic information about what the client's needs are to see if we are a good match. After a time/date is set up, I would start the first session sitting down chatting a little about what the student hopes to gain from their session and then get to work! I primarily work out of peoples' homes, so the student would have to have a small cleared out area to work in and let me know if they have any sort of props (depending on the type of session we decide to do).
- BS in dance performance from Illinois State University
- studied dance in programs such as: Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance, Joffrey Ballet, Complexions Contemporary Ballet, Twyla Tharp, Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane, Ballet Chicago
- certified barre instructor
- CPR/AED certified
- training in yoga and basic conditioning methods
1 Hour Sessions:
- package for 3 sessions $400
- package for 10 sessions $1200
30 min Sessions:
- package for 3 sessions $230
- package for 10 sessions $750
As a teenager, I started teaching as an assistant dance teacher in my youth ballet school and company. I would often sub classes and eventually started teaching my own classes.
In college, our program included dance pedagogy courses that trained us to teach a wide variety of students of all ages.
As a professional, I have worked at a wide variety of dance schools and conventions, yoga studios, fitness studios, corporate classes, and private clients.
I have worked with students ages as young as 2 years old and as old as 80! I have also worked with all levels from very beginner (at all ages) to advanced levels of dance and fitness.
I recently taught at a dance conference in Memphis, TN and after one of my ballet classes a little girl told me that she loved ballet so much and I was one of her idols. I was speechless and so touched! I love being able to share my passions :)
I always advise students to try out whatever they are interested in! If my background intrigues you, we might be a good match. I really enjoy helping people try different styles of movement to see if there is something in particular that makes them excited to move.
- What are your goals? For your body? For gaining a new skill set?
- What body issues have you dealt with in the past? Injuries? Illness? Weight concerns?
- Do you have a space appropriate in your home to accomodate a dance or fitness lesson? If not, would you be interested in renting space to accomodate our lessons?
- How often are you able and wishing to accomodate exercise into your weekly routine?