Shakila Stevenson, who was born Meiske Shakila Serhalawan in the Malukus, Indonesia, came to her love of music and singing legitimately through the influences of her family and the Church . Her special mentors were her father.
Shakila first appeared singing on radio and TV at the age of four, and by the age of 16,was regularly performing in sponsored vocal competitions and local venues. Following her dream to become a professional vocalist, Shakila entered the Asia-wide televised
- 1993 "Asia Bagus" music competition , and came away with First Place prizes both in the Regional Competition held in Singapore, as well as the Asia Grand Competition which was held in Tokyo, Japan. - 1997, Shakila traveled to Europe where she entered the Golden Stag International Song Festival in Romania
- 1997 International Song Festival in Cessme, Turkey, becoming the Grand Prix winner in both events. Interestingly, one of the contestants eliminated before the finals in Romania was a then 16 year old singer from the U.S.A named Christina Aguillar.
- 1999 also proved to be a banner one for Shakila as she was named by the Republic of Indonesia as the Country's "Outstanding Vocalist"
Shakila was thrilled to join contemporary jazz pianist David Benoit as his accompanying vocalist on his seven city tour of Indonesia
- 1999 In that year as well, the Academy of Music Indonesia (AMI) awarded Shakila with the best Jazz and R&B singer awards.
- 2000 with AMI awarding Shakila with the best R&B Singer award, best R&B Album, and best Video award.
- Singer for The Grand Opening Of Grand Melia Hotel
- Singer For The Grand Opening Of Sheraton Hotel
- Singer for Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Singer for The Grand Opening Of Ambhara Hotel.
Attitude gives you character of your performance on stage. It’s highlighting the good vibes of one’s personality. (Angela-Tesa’s Mom)
Shakila is very good & knowledgeable. She knows how to teach us more mature people to be better at expressive signing !
Shakila is very professional, knowledgeable, and fun to work with. She sings beautifully and with her teaching, I am confident that my voice will improve greatly by her guidance.
1. I came and listened to the students ability to sing.
2. Reviews the students vocal
3. Show the students what needs to be done with the vocal they have
4. Start with the classes to improve the vocal.
I’m an International Singer and won a numerous International Song Fest .and work together with Professional Jazz Artist such as David Benoit, Eric Benet, Jeff Lorber, Michael Lington, Dave Coze.
1. Age 6-12. $45/ 1 hrs
2. Age 13-16 $55/ 1 hrs
3. Adult 17 and up $65/ 1 hrs
I love teach and helping students who wants to be better.
1. Little Kids
2. Singers from the church choir
3. 70 years old Couple who really likes to sing and wants to be improved their singing.
Teaching dIplomat kids at the Indonesian Embassy
A voice it’s always beautiful gived and it’s a Talent that you can improve.
How far do you wanna learn about improving your vocal.