I recently located back to the Phoenix area after having a very successful adjuct professor position at Napa Valley College along with a private studio!
Please check out my website: www.kristiejanczyk.com for more details!
I love Kristie’s ability to make me feel comfortable and happy during lessons, Her fabulous and charismatic personality and her talent bring a lot of joy and fun into my learning process. She feels the way I want to learn playing piano and as a result I’m progressing incredibly fast. She’s always on time for lessons and she’s very flexible regarding the place for practicing. Very grateful for the opportunity to be her student!
My favorite piano professor from my collegiate days who used to always remind me at every lesson, “The beatings will also continue until morale improves.” This motto helped me stay focused on each task or goal I was working towards whether it be an upcoming competition or concerto performance. While working towards my DMA in Collaborative Piano, I knew I always wanted to teach on the college level, including pre-college all the way to adult classes. With all of my students, I want everyone to come into my classroom and always leave with a positive attitude along with an enjoyment of learning the piano that will last a lifetime, even if playing the piano is going to be a hobby. I constantly strive to cultivate the best of my abilities using my previous instruction from professors to pushing the motto of having “confidence and positive reinforcement” in every lesson. Every student must practice everyday or else all of the instruction one has received will slowly be erased.
Here are the ways in which I fuse into my teaching:
1. The ability to read music quickly and effectively
2. Developing the correct technique and practicing scales everyday for warm up
3. “Discovery learning” meaning asking the students questions how they would perform that passage, or where the melody and accompaniment is found for examples, helping to improve their thinking skills and maintain discipline.
4. Encouraging performing in recitals, whether it is for a few family members or an entire audience.
5. A variety of repertoire showcasing all types of genres.
6. Maintaining a 100% positive and secure environment for every student