HBA Basketball Training AcademyBuilding Athletic Skills & Character, One Hoop at a Time
Open Sessions starting now.
Please contact me at 630-770-3031 Email: [email protected]
HBA Basketball Academy is an organization that promotes skill development, strength training, mental toughness, life skills, offense, rebounding, defense, discipline on and off the court, leadership, accountability, and mentoring to the athletes, who want to go to the next level.
H.B.A was designed to provide group and individual training, Club Team and AAU basketball, mental and physical toughness.
Coach Hicks has been playing the game of basketball for over 30 years. He also has coached at the high school level, A.A.U. level, private training, Crossover Academy training, Rising Stars training, Velocity Sports, and Middle School levels.
Hicks Basketball Academy teaches:
Playing the right way at all times
Fundamentals, offense, defense, and skill level drills
Learning in game like strategies and good practicing habits.
Life skills and being a good student/athlete
Mental toughness and team concepts
Building relationship with teammates and other athletes and coaches.
Derrick Hicks has been working in education field for over 12 years as a Dean Assistant, Technology Teacher, Substitute, and athletic Director. He also has a Masters in Education, Bachelors, and an Associates Degree.
DERRICK HICKS EXPERIENCE AS A COACH, TRAINER, AND PLAYER INCLUDE:
● Over 30 years of experience as a player, athlete, and coach
2016-2017-Assistant Sophmore and Varaity Coach at Waubonsee Valley High
2015-2016- Head Coach for 16U Silent Assassins AAA Basketball team
2010-2016-Simmons Middle School Basketball Coach and Dean
2005-2010-Rising Stars/Crossover Academy Basketball Coach and Trainer
2009-2010-Varsity and Assistant Sophomore Coach at South Elgin High School
2008-2009-AAU 7th grade Head Coach for Velocity Sports
2006-2007-Sophmore Head Coach and Assistant Varsity Coach at Plainfield Central High
2006-2008–Head Freshman and Assistant Varsity Basketball Coach at Aurora Christian High School.
● 1985-1986 Played at University of Missouri-St. Louis as a forward on Scholarship, while averaging about 10.0 pts a game, while playing only half of the season, due to knee surgery after Colby College.
● 1983-1985 Played at Colby Community College on scholarship, in Kansas as a small forward and power forward, while averaging 12 points and 7 rebounds on a team that advanced to the regional finals.
● 1980-1983 Played Forward and Center on a balanced West Aurora High School basketball, which finished 28-3 in the Upstate 8 Conference, and retained #1 rating for Chicago land.
● Played Semi-Professional with Aurora team
Derrick Hicks Awards and Honors include:
● Lead the team in field goal percentage, free-throw, and rebounding through his career at West Aurora
● Lead team in rebounding, scoring, and field goal percentages as a freshman at Waldo Jr. High, while average 28 point and 11 rebounds a game as a freshman.
● Named 1st and 2nd team all-conference junior year and senior year.
● Rated as one of the top 300 players in nation as a freshman.
● Played up as a freshman on the sophomore and Junior Varsity for East Aurora High.
● Honorable Mention All-State in 1982-1983
● Recruited by Iowa, Michigan, Boise State, and St Cloud State as a freshman in High School.
● Played up as a sophomore on varsity at West Aurora High School.
● Most Valuable player during Fox Valley Park District Summer League 1981 and 1982
There are no reviews yet