Here at Carpe Diem Farm my services include:
basic horsemanship riding lessons- English or Western, and carriage driving lessons. Training and instruction for both the rider/driver and the equine.
I stress SAFETY and FUN.
Here at Carpe Diem Farm, you get the trainer 100%, not an untrained, anonymous assistant. You are treated as a guest and friend. If you are looking for a facility that offers plenty of room to drive and ride in a quiet, family atmosphere, where FUN and SAFETY are stressed, here it is!
I accept students from ‘Beginner thru Expert’ Toddlers thru ‘Vintage’ adults. Beginners and timid riders are my expertise!
I have a lifetime of horse experience, and have instructed/trained for 30 years. I recently relocated to Arizona from Southern California.
Please check out my website: carpediemfarm.wordpress.com for more details on my services.
Our Motto– Try Hard, Win Humbly, Lose Gracefully
I love working with people and teaching others about the wonders of the horse world.
I have an extensive and varied background from which to draw on for training students and enhancing their experiences
Very knowledgable and professional. Made it fun
Excellent instructor, given me so very helpful ideas that have stuck and I find myself going to time and time again. Really watch's how you interacts with your horse and gives valuable feedback.
Trish has YEARS of driving experience and horse know how. Trish also LOVES to teach students. Her lessons are always engaging and informative. My pony and i have a blast taking lessons with Trish!
Trish is good at explaining everything. She is even as good at diagrams in the sand as a Japanese gardener! Entertaining and fun.
I have an extremely varied background of experience on which to draw on:
· Commercial carriage driver for 4 years in Old Town Pasadena, CA.
· Professional wagon driver for Knott’s Berry Farm amusement park.
· Supervisor for Alpha & Omega Mounted Patrol Services I’ve worked as a wrangler for a summer at McGee Creek pack station in the Sierra’s, and lead trail rides.
· I have taught extension classes at Pierce College (Woodland Hills, CA) in carriage driving .
· I have been a featured speaker/ clinician at University of Calif. at Davis at the "Donkey Welfare Symposium" numerous times.
· I wrote a monthly column about carriage driving in the California Horse Trader magazine for 2 1/2 years.
· I have been training and showing driving horses for 30 years.
· I am continuously improving my own skills and education by attending numerous clinics and seminars every year.
· I grew up riding hunters both astride and side saddle (20+ years), then switched to driving. I’ve participated in fox hunting, trail trials, ridden dressage, sport horse in hand, wagon trains.
· I actively participate in showing with clients and my own equines in carriage and riding shows.
Clubs and associations
I am a member of the American Mule Assoc.(AMA) where I am a carded judge in driving, American Driving Soc. (ADS), Carriage Association of Amer. (CAA), where I am a ‘board member at large’ . AZ driving and Carriage Soc, Saguaro State Shetland & Mini horse club,where I volunteer my services for show organizing and course design, as well as many other positions.
I participate in the CAA’s Driver Proficiency Program, where I have earned my Levels I, II, III and recognition as a Level II instructor. I earned my Evaluator for Level 2 status.
I was an active member of local riding and driving clubs in California- Whip R Snapper driving society, ETI- equestrian trails inc.
$50 lessons- riding or driving your equine or mine.
$75 Pair lessons
$30 per hr. one way for travel - 20 minute increments
I needed income to support my 'horse habit' and found that I have a talent and passion for sharing my horse knowledge with others.
Beginners- never having touched a horse before
Toddlers- lead line. Simply enjoying the animal and working on the neuro/body connection of balance and muscles
'Vintage' Adults - wanting to reconnect with their childhoods
physically 'challenged' - able bodied but with issues that 'hippo-therapy' might help
Doing clinics for carriage drivers and working with new students.
Driving a team in the Tucson Rodeo Parade.
Starting my new lesson program at Granite Mountain Stables in Prescott, AZ
Go watch a lesson. Ask about their background/ experiences and cridentials.
Ask others their opinion of that instructor's abilities, and how well they work with students.
goals and desires.