Michelle von Schmidt-Pauli has spent over 30 years studying dressage. She is skilled in coaching students in all aspects of horsemanship ~ not just in the saddle. In working with a variety of horses her methods concentrate on the individual horse and It’s needs. Training methods are kept relaxed with an emphasis placed on the understanding between horse and rider which comes from a confidence in each other as well a secure and correct rider position. These techniques combined with classic training methods will produce a solid foundation that will improve any discipline.
Contact Michelle to schedule a lesson at your farm or trailer-in to one of the offsite locations she teaches at around the area.
Photos and videos
No reviews (yet)
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new student?
The first time you bring your horse to Michelle for a lesson, she will begin by assessing you and your horse as you work through a normal schooling session. She will be evaluating:
- Current stage of training
- The working outline is producing the correct musculature with the correct use of the back
- Contact and acceptance of the bit with the horse reaching forward correctly to seek the bit
- Relaxation and regularity of the paces
- Suppleness & harmony
- Current stage of riding ability
- Body alignment
- Correct use of muscles
After the initial evaluation Michelle will discuss her observations and help you design a program to meet your goals.
Do you have a standard pricing system for your lessons? If so, please share the details here.
Lesson (own horse) - 55
Lesson (schoolmaster) - 85
Short Stirrup Lesson - 35
Mounted Lunge Lesson - 55
Clinics (4 person minimum) - pro-rated
*** Off Premises Fees May Apply
What questions should students think through before talking to teachers about their needs?
- How long have they been instructing riders?
- What level of rider do they instruct?
- Do they have lesson horses available?
- Do they allow shipping in for lessons?
- Do they travel to other barns or facilities for lessons?
- How would they describe their teaching philosophy?
- Does the instructor have a website and/or social media page?