United States Golf Teachers Federation – Level III Certified Golf Teaching Professional
Date: 2012 to Present
- Teaches all aspects of the game of golf i.e. strategy, rules, etiquette, proper swing principles, grip, stance, address, chipping, pitching, putting, driving, sand play, and trouble shots.
- Responsible for the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of lessons.
- Able to teach guests either basic skills or advance their golfing skills.
- Ability to teach individual or group lessons.
- Able to deal calmly and pleasantly with guests while under pressure.
- Maintains an awareness of industry trends.
- Outgoing and friendly personality.
- Able to handle adversity, change and emergency situations calmly and with a level head.
- Able to speak clearly and in front of people.
- Able to work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Able to manipulate sports equipment.
- Able to work weekends and holidays.
- Pleasant speaking voice for in-person and telephone conversations.
- Creative mind with a good imagination.
- possess good disciplinary and interpersonal skills, a professional appearance and manner and enjoy working with people in a service position; maintains a sense of humor.
- Able to take the initiative and work without supervision.
- Show discretion and loyalty to management; uses discretion in dealing with confidential information.Chairperson and coordinator of the UPS Corporate Golf Outing (15 years)
- Host and event planner
- The golf outing is held yearly and recognized as a great place for developing strong friendships and working relationships while having some fun.
- Charity fundraiser for United Way
- Ensures that employee policies and guidelines are followed.
- Coordinated committee and corporate sponsorships.
- Main goal is to raise money for charity and make sure that everyone in attendance has a great time.
- Hosted Awards Dinner at end of the day with celebratory awards ceremony recognizing and thanking sponsors, attendees and winners.
- Brought clients and/or business associates together for a fun day of golf can to increase rapport and build lasting relationships. For many years I have aspired to become a Certified Golf Teaching Professional, now that I have achieved that goal I am PROUD!!! The USGTF teachings and instructions have made me a better player and student of the game. I am confident that I can take what I have learned and apply it in my future teachings for many years to come. Golf has introduced me to a lot of interesting people. It has been an inspiration and a life changing experience. I want to continue to learn and improve all facets of the game so I can share my knowledge with others. My goal is to have the opportunity to help others become better golfers.
My motivation is to inspire others to find the same passion that I have for the game.