Love watching students learn the great game of golf, increase their golf IQ, shoot their lowest scores ever, and find true joy on the links with their newfound game and in front of their family and friends.
Often called the "Best in the Business", PGA Associate Mike V turns hackers into respectable players. Coach Mike specializes in teaching his students to break 100, 90, 80, or even 70 through the best fundamentals, drills, mentorship, and motivation. For the person in your life who has everything except a good golf game, you just found the gift of a lifetime. Call or text Coach Mike at 301.642.4430 or visit MikeVgolf.com for more info, testimonials, or to book that intro lesson at Severna Park GC.
I’m an 8-10 handicap. In one 90 minute lesson, we went through all my clubs and Mike’s ability to identify minor set up and swing items was incredible. My one lesson with him will likely get me an average of 2-8 strokes a round for 4 reasons: A minor putting adjustment that will help make my impact more consistent to help distance control; a chip change that immediately helped my feel which will help my distance control; one slight set up change on my irons that took me from my good, solid contact to pure contact; and a very small path adjustment to my driver that added a bit of distance right there during the lesson. Amazing. I told Mike I am trying to get from a 10 to a 3-4 handicap, and that although I have shot a few very low 70s rounds, they are few and far between. After Mike’s lesson, I think I have the tools to shave off some of those extra strokes on a consistent basis. Thanks Mike.
Mike is great! He was able to take a complete novice and explain the concepts effectively so that I was able to pick up the basics very quickly. Couldn’t have asked for a better instructor!
Very thorough, Mike is an excellent golf instructor. He was able to exponentially improve my game in just 3 swing lessons and a single playing lesson. Very highly recommend taking lessons with him.
Friendly, patient, knowledgeable, and thorough ...... with Mike, I always get the feeling I’m in good hands.
Mike assesses a student's putting, chipping, and swinging abilities and learns about their athleticism and knowledge of the game. He finds out their goals and desires and gives them a plan on how to achieve them.
Mike had been playing and coaching golf for 40 years. Mike had played with and watched the best players of the past generation. He uses a combination of knowledge, repetition, communication, and fun with his students to help them better understand the game, enjoy the game to its fullest, and reach their desired level and beyond. He is a PGA Associate, USKG Certified golf pro, and a member of the Positive Golfing Alliance team. Best of all, Mike knows how to take his players to the next level and shoot their lowest scores ever.
INTRO PRIVATE LESSON
60 Minutes : $175
90 Minutes : $250
INTRO GROUP LESSON (2)
60 Minutes: $200
90 Minutes: $275
* 5-15 excellent videos included. Balls extra.
Mike has always been a student of the game of golf and just loved it for the fun and challenge. His friends were impressed with his knowledge and how he helped them better understand their swings and improve their games. He decided to turn professional in 2016 to help others improve their games and better enjoy their time on the range, green, and links. Mike is a PGA Associate.
Mike has worked with kids, women, men, and seniors of all skill levels.
* Mike's student Bernerd first came to Mike as a 115 shooter. After taking lessons with Mike for 13 months, Bernerd broke 80 by shooting a 79 at Lodestone CC.
* Mike's student Will, a career military man, first visited Mike as a mid to high 90s player. After 5 private lessons and a playing lesson, Will shot 78 at Stonewall GC. He now shoots in the low 80s and is headed to the 70s.
* Mike's student Ramsay G came to him having never broken 100. After 6 lessons, he had improved his lowest score to 88- a 14 shot improvement. Ramsay cured his slice and can now draw his driver. He is headed to the 70s.
* Pete R, Max S, Will O, Henry B, Louis M: All these students started taking lessons in May 2020 during the heart of the pandemic. They were all total newbies to golf and shooting 120 or north of that. 5-7 lessons later, they all broke 100 and continue to improve their games. An improvement of 20 plus shots.
* Mike's student Dylan was a 35 handicap golfer when he first visited Mike. He was a good athlete but had no understanding of golf or the golf swing. After 32 hours of golf lessons over 4 months (2 lessons week), Dylan reduced his handicap to a 5 and shot a 72 at Lansdowne GC in Ashburn, Virginia. He was a very good listener and worked very hard on his game every day to become an outstanding golfer.
* Mike's new student Ben had never shot better than 95. After 5 lessons with Mike, he shot an 86 at 1757 Club.
* Tyler, a high school sophomore, was shooting mid 50s for 9 holes. After 3 months of lessons, he was shooting in the low 40s. He shot 78 in his District Championship after 18 months of training with me. He went from a 36 handicap to a 5 handicap in 40 lessons with Mike over the 18 months prior to Tyler leaving for college.
* Mike's daughter Lauren has done the following:
1. In October 2015, 9 year old Lauren shot 84 from 5500 yards to win the 2015 Algonkian GC Women's Club Championship while playing her first ever 18 holes of golf in 2015.
2. Won the inaugural Virginia State 9 Hole Championship(13 and under) in 2015 shooting a 37 at 2000 yards as a 9 year old.
3. 2 days before her 9th birthday, she shot a 6 under 30 to win the US Kids Golf Fall Tour Championship and establish the lowest score in the USA for 8-9 year old girls in 2014 and many years prior and since.
4. In spring 2018, 12 year old Lauren broke par for the first time at Brambleton GC shooting a 71 at a US Kids Golf tournament playing in just her 20th round of 18 holes. She played the red tees.
5. In July 2018, she shot 77-75 in the Virginia Amateur finishing T6 in the stroke play portion and matching the best player for Va Tech who finished 5th in the NCAAs in 2019. She was the youngest player in the tournament by three years at 12 years old.
* Mike's student Steve, a baseball player, had just completed his 4th lesson with him. He then went to the golf course and fired a 97 in his 3rd time ever playing golf. He shot 42 after his 5th lesson with me.
* There are countless others who are improving 5-10 shots after 10 lessons.
Hire a teacher who will work on all elements of the game with you: putting, chipping, pitching, bunkers, and the long game. Video is important to visualize the before and after parts of the lesson so find a teacher who can really show you the parts of the game that can be improved and someone who will demonstrate the correct swing and moves- video can make that happen and help you see the issues and help chart a course to improvement. Focus on 100 yards and in. Learn the fundamentals and continue to hone them throughout your golfing life.
How much time, effort, and money will you invest in the game and how good do you wish to be? Mike can help assess these questions and provide solid answers to the student.