¡Hola! ¿Qué tal? My passion is to help students communicate in Spanish from day one. I have been teaching all levels of Spanish over 25 years. I am a native speaker with a single subject teaching credential in Spanish from California State University and advanced studies and certificates from Universidad Complutense in Madrid and AP Spanish Teacher certificate from Sevilla, Spain. Most of my experience is with high school Spanish students but I have taught adults and children. I prepared students to take the AP Spanish national exam and have accomplished a 99 - 100 % passing rate for the past three years. I use TPRS, the natural and communicative approaches and teach reading, listening, writing and speaking. Culture is another aspect that I enjoy teaching my students. I take into account your preferred learning modality and special interests and passions. Individual and group lessons available one-in-one or online.
I enjoy seeing my students acquire new communication skills in Spanish as they improve proficiency in speaking, writing, reading and listening.
I have many passions among them teaching, drawing, painting, music, languages, cooking, gardening, etc... Therefore, I encourge my students to use what they love to do in order to learn Spanish. I use your interests to design a curriculum that would help you learn in a fun way! This may include music, art, science, story telling, dance, singing, cooking and other areas of interest. Using your interests and passions could be translated into an amazing project that you could complete as homework, with my assistance and the use of my google classroom I have created with educational resources completely available to you.
Dianne is an excellent tecaher and she optimizes my learning experience and speed up my progress.
Professor Nevarez will keep you on track and she is very flexible with her sessions. She is very professional and gives very helpful lessons. One great differentiator is that she will customize her lessons to fit your interests, keeping you engaged while learning!
Initial complementary meeting (30 minutes)
1. I would talk to the student to find out their goals and needs.
2. Assess their skill levels.
3. Conduct a free lesson.
3. I will develop a personalized curriculum based on the student's needs and interests.
1. Bachelors Degree from the University of Puerto Rico.
2. Single Subject Teaching Credential from California State University, Long Beach.
3. Full Teaching Credential from the State of California.
4. Advanced Education in Language, Literature, and Culture - Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain.
5. Certificate for Advance Teaching of Spanish (AP Spanish) from Mundo Lengua, Sevilla, Spain. (College Board)
6. Member of the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese
7. Prior sponsor of the Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica.
8. International Baccalaureate teacher.
9. Native speaker. Grew up in a Spanish speaking country.
10. Fully bilingual Spanish and English. Intermediate French abilities.
1 hr lesson $50 per hour
$140 for 4 lessons - $35 per hour
$248 for 8 lessons - $30 per hour