Jeff DeGroot Golf Academy
You can reach me - The Links at Heartland Crossing in Camby IN as I no longer respond to students through this site.
Individual, groups, and clinics are offered daily.
Owns golf clubs
Photos and videos
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new student?
- Evaluating students experience and skill level.
- Determining students expectations and timeframes.
- Outlining specific drills and practice to reach their goals.
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
- 31 years PGA of America Member.
- Collegiate golf coach for two universities
- Beginner and Advanced golf classes at universities.
- Director of Instruction for the Midwest ESPN Golf Schools.
- Director of Golf Instruction with Carnival Cruise Lines.
- High school golf coach.
- After School Golf Academy founder, ages 5 - 14 yr olds.
Do you have a standard pricing system for your lessons? If so, please share the details here.
No, depending on if it's a single, or multiple person lessson the price varies and the price goes down with more students, also, the leagth of time for lessons and location.
How did you get started teaching?
My first year of being a PGA Assistant Professional at a private club on Lake Michigan, one of the requirments to becoming a PGA Member.
What types of students have you worked with?
- Starting at 5 through mid 70 yrs of age.
- Beginners, intermiedant, and advanced men & woman.
- College golf teams.
- PGA Professional and one touring pro.
Describe a recent event you are fond of.
American Cancer Society as a volunter.
What advice would you give a student looking to hire a teacher in your area of expertise?
Always ask questions, communication and a mutual understanding of expectations should be a comfortable goal. Also, the student shoud feel comfortable starting with the phone call as well as during their first lesson conversation.
What questions should students think through before talking to teachers about their needs?
- Are your goals realalistic.
- The time and dedication available.
- Why do you want to improve.