I specialize in classical, acoustic (steel-string), fingerstyle, and electric guitar. I also teach the ukulele.
• I typically start incoming students on the classical guitar, then move them to a steel-string guitar, and then eventually on to the electric guitar.
• The lessons are “face-to-face”. If needed, online is available by student request.
• I teach students from 6 to 19 years old.
• I also specialize and offer band sessions, for those who wish to play in groups.
• I am of Ukrainian decent and therefore am able to teach both Ukrainian and Russian speaking students.
• I am centered in South Milwaukee, and therefore am able to travel and teach in Muskego, Franklin, Oak Creek, New Berlin, Wind Lake, Brookfield, Menomonee Falls, Elm Grove, Mequon, White Fish Bay, and other nearby areas.
• Students in the North Shore or North East Side of Milwaukee should contact the Brass Bell Music Store and request me as a teacher. Please call me if there are any questions.
• Sudents of Milwaukee area should contact me directly (by text message 262-923-6933) and come to "BeSound" the address is: 2407 NORTH MARYLAND AVENUE MILWAUKEE, WI, 53211
• The lessons schedule can be altered at any time. I am very flexible with my hours and am available almost any time throughout the week.
• Twice a year, once in winter, and once in spring, I hold a recital at the Brass Bell Music Store for my students and their friends and families. Students have the opportunity to perform the music that they studied that season.
• Every February, my students have the opportunity to play at the Federation at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee as part of the Student Festival. Students with superior levels of playing can qualify to win trophies and awards.
very nice and my dad says shes a great teacher! better than the one at the music store
Even if I was struggling, we would have fun working through it together. I've been taking lessons with Lena for almost 12 years and every single time I get frustrated or I don't understand something, she always has a way to calm me down and refocus. When I was just starting lessons it really felt like she made a connection with me as she clearly does with all of her students too. I wouldn't wan't anyone else to be my guitar teacher.
My 6yrs old son has been learning a guitar for 9 months from her and we both love her so much! Very knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and always warm welcoming with big smiles. My son gets to read notes now and enjoys his lessons!
Lena is an excellent educator who not only teaches students on their own, but organizes two concerts every year where they can perform their music in front of an audience. This gives her students the confidence to play in front of other people while also giving her the chance to document her work and progress. She's the only teacher I've encountered who actually drives to her student's houses. I'm very busy most days, so the fact that she can come to my home and teach my son while I work and take care of other things is very convenient for me. She is very very flexible! I also found that she has a YouTube channel where she uploads videos of her students playing pieces: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRdfs6dwGACz8rZ7cm6TrJA Well done Lena! To any prospective students, I would very much recommend her! You will not be disappointed!
• During lessons, we focus on notation, sight reading, rhythm, understanding of music, and on ways to improve playing.
• Each lesson is crafted per individual student, and with my flexibility, we can find ways to pursue the student's interest, while also making sure that they are challenged and learning new skills.
• The lessons are one-on-one between the student and teacher.