I specialize in classical, acoustic (steel-string), fingerstyle, and electric guitar. I also teach the ukulele.
• I typically start incoming students on the classical guitar, then move them to a steel-string guitar, and then eventually on to the electric guitar.
• The lessons are “face-to-face”. If needed, online is available by student request.
• I teach students from 6 to 19 years old.
• I also specialize and offer band sessions, for those who wish to play in groups.
• I am of Ukrainian decent and therefore am able to teach both Ukrainian and Russian speaking students.
• I am centered in South Milwaukee, and therefore am able to travel and teach in Muskego, Franklin, Oak Creek, New Berlin, Wind Lake, Brookfield, Menomonee Falls, Elm Grove, Mequon, White Fish Bay, and other nearby areas.
• Students in the North Shore or North East Side of Milwaukee should contact the Brass Bell Music Store and request me as a teacher. Please call me if there are any questions.
• Sudents of Milwaukee area should contact me directly (by text message 262-923-6933) and come to "BeSound" the address is: 2407 NORTH MARYLAND AVENUE MILWAUKEE, WI, 53211
• The lessons schedule can be altered at any time. I am very flexible with my hours and am available almost any time throughout the week.
• Twice a year, once in winter, and once in spring, I hold a recital at the Brass Bell Music Store for my students and their friends and families. Students have the opportunity to perform the music that they studied that season.
• Every February, my students have the opportunity to play at the Federation at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee as part of the Student Festival. Students with superior levels of playing can qualify to win trophies and awards.
I learned much about how to play guitar, as well as excellent technique during my time learning from Lena Vinz.
I have been a student for Lena for 8 years. She is an amazing teacher with high expectations, but expectations that every student can realistically meet. She helps me to improve every week and always challenges me with new songs, each one harder than the last. But, any time I want to learn a specific song or how to play a specific style, Lena is very accomodating and helps me as soon as I need/want it. Lessons are an amazing part of the week, and I have a lot of fun at each one. As a senior in high school, I’m always busy with multiple activites/clubs, homework, and working, but I would never imagine quitting guitar because it is fun, challenging, and worth committing to. Lena is the reason that I grew to love guitar and the reason I am so passionate about music. I would recommend Lena as a teacher to any student, no matter their age or skill level. I had Lena from age 9 to now (17) and every year she has adjusted how she taught me based on my age, ability, and what I wanted to get out of my lessons. Lena cares about each student and helps them to have a good time but also learn something. Her ability as a musician and as a teacher is phenomenal and any student would be lucky to have her. :)
Excellent teacher, very knowledgeable, flexible with schedule.
Lena taught my daughter guitar lessons for a little over five years. She was great! Very patient and excellent teacher. She always made the lessons enjoyable. Would highly recommend Lena to anyone looking to learn or further their guitar skills.
• During lessons, we focus on notation, sight reading, rhythm, understanding of music, and on ways to improve playing.
• Each lesson is crafted per individual student, and with my flexibility, we can find ways to pursue the student's interest, while also making sure that they are challenged and learning new skills.
• The lessons are one-on-one between the student and teacher.