I specialize in classical, acoustic (steel-string), fingerstyle, and electric guitar. I also teach the ukulele.
• I typically start incoming students on the classical guitar, then move them to a steel-string guitar, and then eventually on to the electric guitar.
• The lessons are “face-to-face”. If needed, online is available by student request.
• I teach students from 6 to 19 years old.
• I also specialize and offer band sessions, for those who wish to play in groups.
• I am of Ukrainian decent and therefore am able to teach both Ukrainian and Russian speaking students.
• I am centered in South Milwaukee, and therefore am able to travel and teach in Muskego, Franklin, Oak Creek, New Berlin, Wind Lake, Brookfield, Menomonee Falls, Elm Grove, Mequon, White Fish Bay, and other nearby areas.
• Students in the North Shore or North East Side of Milwaukee should contact the Brass Bell Music Store and request me as a teacher. Please call me if there are any questions.
• The lessons schedule can be altered at any time. I am very flexible with my hours and am available almost any time throughout the week.
• Twice a year, once in winter, and once in spring, I hold a recital at the Brass Bell Music Store for my students and their friends and families. Students have the opportunity to perform the music that they studied that season.
• Every February, my students have the opportunity to play at the Federation at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee as part of the Student Festival. Students with superior levels of playing can qualify to win trophies and awards.
My 6yrs old son has been learning a guitar for 9 months from her and we both love her so much! Very knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and always warm welcoming with big smiles. My son gets to read notes now and enjoys his lessons!
Lena is an excellent educator who not only teaches students on their own, but organizes two concerts every year where they can perform their music in front of an audience. This gives her students the confidence to play in front of other people while also giving her the chance to document her work and progress. She's the only teacher I've encountered who actually drives to her student's houses. I'm very busy most days, so the fact that she can come to my home and teach my son while I work and take care of other things is very convenient for me. She is very very flexible! I also found that she has a YouTube channel where she uploads videos of her students playing pieces: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRdfs6dwGACz8rZ7cm6TrJA Well done Lena! To any prospective students, I would very much recommend her! You will not be disappointed!
Lena is the BEST! She has been working with both of our sons for at least 7 years. She has taught them so much and has really helped them to love playing guitar. Lena is passionate about her work and genuinely wants the kids to do well. We are so fortunate we found Lena. We HIGHLY recommend her!
Great teacher! She has taught me everything I know about guitar!
• During lessons, we focus on notation, sight reading, rhythm, understanding of music, and on ways to improve playing.
• Each lesson is crafted per individual student, and with my flexibility, we can find ways to pursue the student's interest, while also making sure that they are challenged and learning new skills.
• The lessons are one-on-one between the student and teacher.