I teach young children (ages 6-18) how to speak, write, and read not only proper Spanish, but conversational Spanish as well. As a high school senior, I notice that my students are less intimidated by me than they would be of an older tutor, which allows them to enjoy the lessons more. I also try to incorporate teaching the language through the Spanish culture (from both Spain and Latin America).
Shelsy was so nice and patient with my granddaughter (10 year old), who loved her. She usually tutored her during the weekend, which worked well with my granddaughter's school schedule.
- I introduce myself to the student and discuss with them their goals and purposes.
- I establish a comfortable learning environment by using the language as a way to get to know the student as a person, and so that he/she knows me as well.
- I talk to the parents or guardians of the student about their goals for their child.
- Spanish Language SAT: 800 (perfect score)
- AP Spanish Language: 5 (out of 5)
- AP Spanish Literature: 5 (out of 5)
- Information Desk Translator (volunteer) at California Hospital Medical Center.
Spanish was my first language and the language I speak at home.
Initial Charge for Lessons: $20 per hour
- varies depending on Student's current level on Spanish
Currently in the process of applying and getting ready to move to college. I needed a source of income for textbooks, dorm necessities, and medical expenses. I enjoy and value the Spanish language, so tutoring in this field is something that brought me personal satisfaction and joy.
- I usually work with younger students (ages 6-18) in the Hispanic community who do not know Spanish, but I want to expand my services to children from different cultures.