Wes devotes himself to understanding the function of the body and how it relates to the golf swing. The education he has received from multiple organizations puts him in an elite group of instructors that are at the cutting edge of teaching the game. Wes is a true believer that golf is a sport and should be practiced and played with an athletic mindset. Instructing junior, novice and touring professional golfers on the fundamentals of producing consistently lower scores is Wes’ definitive goal. He provides clarity and understanding and equips them with the correct drills and practice methods to successfully improve their golf game. Taking lessons here at Topgolf is a fun and exciting way to learn the game of golf!!
Wes takes great pride in seeing his clients improve their golf game and the enjoyment that comes from shooting lower scores. We make it a priority here at Topgolf to stay up to date with all new technology and teaching methods so we can help any student improve.
Wes did something very few golf instructors have done-told me what to so, showed me what to do and how to do it, how I could tell if I was swinging correctly and gave me confidence in my swing. What else can you ask for?
Adapts his coaching to my abilities. Very patient and encouraging. I lucked out.
What we ask: What is the main reason you decided to seek out instruction? What is the most important short-term outcome that you would like to work towards over the next few weeks/months together? What are your top of the mountain goals? Rate your current confidence level in each skill area. What is your ‘magic wand’ wish— if you could get rid of one ‘miss’ forever, what would it be? What type of shot scares you the most? What drives you to keep working on your game? As the student hits shots we observe 3 main FUNDAMENTALS: 1. Does the student hit the ground in the same spot in front of the ball 2. Does the student hit the ball a reasonable distance to score well. 3. Does the student hit the ball with a predictable/functional curve. During the above evaluation we also use High-Speed video analysis so we are able to analyze the swing in complete detail. We also send the student a voice-over summary of each lesson using an app called Hudl.
I have worked with several Top 100 teachers and am a TPI certified golf coach and a Stack and Tilt Network Instructor.
1 hour (Adult): $89
1 hour (Junior): $59
I also offer bulk packages that brings down the cost per lesson as low as $62 for adult and $37 for juniors.
I have worked with people who have never touched a club all the way to helping a PGA TOUR Latinoamérica member win his first event.
CAN YOUR INSTRUCTOR ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
1. What are the True Fundamentals of the Golf Swing?
2. What is side bending or side tilt? Why does this define a golf swing?
3. What is extending in a golf swing? What is the benefit for the golfer?
4. What is Flexion in a Golf Swing?
5. Where is the Center of the Golf Swing?
6. How do the shoulders turn in the swing?
7. Where is the low-point of the swing? Why is this important?
8. What determines the starting direction of the ball? Clubface or Path?
9. How do I create a divot in front of the ball for maximum power & distance?
10. What are the main reasons for hitting a fat or thin shot?
11. Explain the hands and how they affect the face and clubhead?
12. What is Extensor action?
13. Can you explain the relationship of the clubface to the target line and swing path and how it affects the flight?
14. What are the 5 Pressure Points?
15. What are the 4 Power Accumulators?
16. What starts the downswing?