I offer personal training and classes to those who seek to explore their artistic talents! (Adults, kids, & teenagers)
We explore your strengths/weaknesses and plan out our goals. I want to cater to YOUR needs and help you hone in on your instincts as an artist while perfecting proper techniques and maintaining healthy habits. The end goal is to be confident in the power of your talent and to utilize it to it’s fullest potential.
Acting! Every character is unique and has a story to tell. We explore different methods of character development in order to properly tell the story. You will explore improvisation, cold reading, audition etiquette, scene study, film/television/theater acting, and the different acting methods that suit your fancy [Method (Meisner, Strasberg), Classical (Stanislavsky, Chekhov), Walsh vocal acting, Voice Over].
When it comes to music, we find your voice (so to speak). Proper warmups, stage performance, breathing techniques, range development, vocal control, healthy habits, and finding the soul of the piece are some of the essentials that we will cover.
Everyone's voice is unique. I help you develop technique and healthy singing (and talking) habits in order to pursue your dreams in the arts!
A little bit about myself:
15+ years of experience for film, tv, and stage. Acted in over 50 short films, independent films, feature films, television commercials, and plays. Starred in and composed a rock opera film, "Vampurr." Lead role in “Left 4 Dead 3 The Movie” produced by Machinima. Studied under Bob Bailey, Joseph Hacker, Paul Backer, Dan Fishbach, Nancy Nayor, Jason Maddy, Patricia Scarborough, Robin Speer, and Paul Jacque. Worked in casting for a few high profile casting directors. Produced and hosted original television shows, "Platforum Entertainment" and "Citizen LA."
21 years of singing experience. Performed over 600 live shows as Melissa K. Training in rock, pop, musical theater, classical/opera, jazz, blues, R&B, and choral. Shares same vocal coach as Tori Kelly. After graduating from the University of Southern California (Dramatic Arts), started doing music again full-time and put together own band (Black Velvet)! Currently playing all over Southern California.
Melissa was very kind and professional with the different ages of kids that my daughter participated in her acting exercises. Her enthusiasm ignited the spark in my daughter for the time she was involved in Melissa's class. We very much appreciate her follow up texts with great evaluations post class and was open to any concerns or specific details involving my daughter's learning. I would definitely recommend her acting class to friends and family. 5 Stars and beyond!!
Her energy, encouragement, and over all teaching style. Ariyah has learned so much and her confidence level has definitely been elevated. Thank you Melissa!
She was very patient, informative, motivating, & encouraging
Inspire, Motivate, and Create Magic! We explore your strengths/weaknesses and plan out your goals. I cater to YOUR needs and help you to hone in on your instincts as an artist while perfecting proper techniques and maintaining healthy habits. The end goal is to be confident in the power of your talent and to utilize it to it's fullest potential!
• Teaching since 2013
• Inland Theater League: Two-time winner of the Best Actress Award
• Award Winning West Coast Premiere of Charles Evered's play, Class: Won Best Actress Award
• Cannes Film Festival Court Métrage Competition Official Selection - Cannes Film Festival Award (Lead Actress)
• 6 degrees and a minor from the University of Southern California and Mount San Jacinto College. Phi Theta Kappa Honors’ Society & Dean's List. Degrees such as Dramatic Arts, Theatre Arts, & Business Finance
• Starred in the popular Left 4 Dead Movie
• Currently teach and run the Performing Arts Program for a Montessori Preschool and Elementary School in Fullerton, CA (Acting, singing, dancing, music theory, and public speaking)
• Currently teach and run the Performing Arts Program at an Acting Studio in Irvine, CA (Acting, audition/casting, movement, and singing)
• Best Director Award at Trojan Vision Television
• Best Host Award at Trojan Vision Television
• Riverside Magazine Cover and Featured Article for sold out, double issue
•Performed at over 100 venues and over 60 films and tv appearances
• 21 years of singing experience. Training in rock, pop, musical theater, classical/opera, jazz, blues, R&B, and choral
• Shares same vocal coach as Tori Kelly
• After graduating from the University of Southern California (Dramatic Arts), started doing music full-time and auditioned musicians for own band (Black Velvet)!
• Two songs as #3 on the Top 40 Mainstream Independent Music Charts (in 35 countries world-wide). Each stayed on the chart for over a year.
• "Best Female Artist" - Independent Music Network (International)
• "Best Female Artist" - Televised Inland Empire Music Awards
• "Best Live Band" - Inland Empire Music Awards
$30: 1 hour Class (sometimes over an hour)
$45: 30 minute Private Lesson
$60: 45 minute Private Lesson
$70: 1 hour Private Lesson
$90: 1.5 hour Private Lesson
$120: 2 hour Private Lesson
4 - 78 years old
Beginner, intermediate, advanced
Method & Classical (Stanislavsky,
Strasberg, Chekhov, Meisner)
Vocal Acting & Voice Over
Film, TV, Commercial, & Theatre
Pop, rock, musical theater, classical,
country, blues, R&B, choir,
choreography for singers, song
Pick a teacher who gels with you and has your best interest at heart. You get much more out of their expert training when you like their energy and find it easy to connect with them. :) I hope that is me!
Acting Classes Child Acting Lessons Film Acting Classes Film And Tv Acting Classes Improv Acting Classes Music Performance Lessons Scene Study Classes Singing Lessons Songwriting Classes Stage Performance Training Theater Acting Classes Filmmaking Classes Method Acting Classes Speaking Voice Training Voice Acting Classes Meisner Technique Classes