I teach voice, violin, and music theory for the creative individual, working with the student to tailor custom curricula to fit their interests and learning needs, regardless of age or prerequisite skill. I offer tutoring in music theory skills up to the collegiate level (including ear training and species counterpoint), as well as collaboration opportunities to create or refine original pieces of music.
In addition to lesson time, I offer the following services to maximize achievement:
- Setting up private YouTube tutorial playlists for cross-referencing purposes
- Skype/Facetime lessons and remote collaboration via Google+ and Dropbox
- Intensive lessons during the summer to prepare for auditions, placement exams, and building effective practice habits
- Collaboration with students' co-operating school and private music teachers for seamless integration of theory concepts with current repertoire
- Accountability building for students with developing executive functioning skills
"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist." - Pablo Picasso
Trained at Princeton University in music theory and composition with a minor in theatre, my strengths are in analyzing and synthesizing compositional devices in musical theater in understanding the power of storytelling through music. Singer-songwriters, composers, musical theatre artists, and musical improvisors are especially welcome.
I'll meet you where you are.