I am a USA-Swimming certified swim coach. I have coached at every level from beginning summer league swimmers to collegiate athletes. Swim coaching is my profession as I am a year round haead coach in the Minneapolis/Richfield area. I began swimming when I was six years old and I have not left the pool since as either a swimmer or a coach.
I love seeing kids fall in love with the water. It is great seeing them learn the skills that can help them become competitive swimmers, but also to just become more competent and secure in the water. Swimming is a lifelong skill and I love playing a role in the education.
There are no reviews yet
In general, I assume I will work with kids, so just trying to get to know them a bit at first makes it easier to teach. Learning their background in swimming from the parents. From there, talking about each stroke one at a time and then going through stroke drills and progressions starting with simple drills and slowly progressing to the more complex drills when ready. A lot of repetition!
- Undergraduate degree in Physical Education
- Masters degree in Kinesiology
- July, 2014 - Present - Head Coach of Piranhas Swim Club
- September, 2012 - June, 2014 - Volunteer Coach with U of M
- Sepetember, 2012 - June, 2014 - Assistant Coach with Edina Swim Club
- August, 2008 - June, 2012 - Assistant Coach at University of North Dakota
- Summer of 2010 - Swim camp instructor at University of Texas
- Summer of 2005, 2006, 2008 - Assistant Summer League Coach in Boulder, CO
- Four year letter winner as an student-athlete at the University of North Dakota
Depends on how many lessons and duration of each lesson. Also, depends on where. I do not have an easily accessible pool for lessons, so families would need to provide the pool space.