Having taught private lessons for over 50 years, I have had experience teaching ages 3-93. My goals, in addition to technique, include developing self-discipline and appreciation for the performing arts.
- Received Bachelor of Arts in violin performance from San Francisco State University
- Received Master if Music in Violin Performance and Music Education from Catholic University of America
- Kennedy Center Opera House Orchestra
- Extra first violin National Symphony Orchestra and Phoenix Symphony Orchestra
- Arizona Opera Orchestra - Concert Master
- Scottsdale Philharmonic Orchestra
- 38 years teaching public school instrumental music
- Awarded “Teacher of the Year” for the state of Arizona by U.S.West
- teach in Home Studio in Mesa
Marna is amazing. We are so happy we found her. We would highly recommend her!!
I have submittted a report. The best
As a senior male, Marna discovered at our first session the processes I didn't know and developed a lesson plan that suited my shortcomings. Marna has been exceptionally patient and understands how to correct my specific learning needs. Intuitively she knows how to apply her 50 years of teaching knowledge into something tangible for me to learn. Over the past two weeks, for an example, I was to memorize a specific piece of music - last week she encouraged me to continue on, today she had a new lesson plan already in place - somehow she knew. When I arrived today and stated I was having difficulty learning the piece, her response was leave it for a bit, you are still training your fingers and enhancing your brain into a new environment. I am so grateful for her understanding and the ability to acknowledge and correct my weaknesses. Out of two other instructors I have had, Marna is the best I have worked with and I will resume lessons when we come back to AZ in the fall. She is the best!! John Hendriks