Sean Tang-Wang was born on June 28, 1998 and is an twenty-year old student attending UCLA majoring in piano performance and mechanical engineering. Sean began playing the piano at age three, and gave his first public appearance at four.
In the summer of 2016, Sean was invited to Perugia, Italy to perform his Rachmaninoff 2nd Piano Concerto. There, he was given masterclasses by distinguished pianists around the globe and played a series of small concerts throughout Italy. In 2015, Sean was given a fully-paid for trip to Cortina, Italy to also play in the small city and other venues in Italy. In 2014, Sean won 1st place in the Glendale Piano Competition, was a semi finalist in the Spotlight Awards competition, won 1st place in the MTAC Piano Competition, and won 2nd Prize in the San Jose International Piano Competition. Sean was chosen to participate in the Ettingen International Piano Competition and was featured on the German Weekly. In 2013, he won first prize again in the Glendale Piano competition, and in 2012 and 2011, was a semi finalist and finalist in the Gina Bachauer International Piano Competition and Virginia Waring International Piano Competition, respectively. In January 2011, Sean was invited by the San Diego Orchestral symphony to perform with pianist Lang Lang. In 2010, he achieved his goal in winning first place in the Los Angeles Liszt International Piano Competition, allowing him to play at the illustrious Carnegie Hall in May 2010. Also in that same year, he achieved three first places in one day in the Concerto, Solo, and Chopin Open categories in the Southwestern Youth Music Festival.
Sean is currently the student of Mrs. Inna Faliks. He has also had the privilege to study with Jenny Shin, Pavel Petrov, Dr. Andrew Banks, and pianist Ruebin Chen.
A summary of my accomplishments include:
· SYMF Chopin Mazurka 3rd place
· CAEA 1st place
· SYMF Open Solo 1st place
· SYMF Chopin Etude 2nd place
· CAEA Silver Award Young Pianist Competition
· Royal School Grade completed at age 9
· SYMF Chopin nocturne 1st place
· SYMF Chopin waltz 1st place
· SYMF Classical sonata 1st place
· Los Angeles Japanese American Association 1st place
· Long Beach Mozart Competition Winner
· SYMF Baroque category 1st place
· Chinese American Association Platinum Award
· Long Beach Mozart Competition 1st place
· MTAC Sonata and Sonatina Branch 1st place
· Scholarship Award at MTAC Los Angeles Branch 2nd place
· Bradshaw & Buono International Piano Competition 1st place
o Performed at Carnegie Hall as a result of winning this competition
· Teachers College and University 1st place
· UDACS Annual Young Musician 1st place
· Los Angeles Liszt International Piano Competition 1st place
· SYMF Chopin etude 1st place
· SYMF Chopin open solo 1st place
· SYMF Chopin open concerto 1st place
· Glendale Piano competition honorable mention
· Los Angeles Young Pianist Competition 1st place
· MTAC Contemporary Piano Competition 1st place
· San Diego Salon Concert with Lang Lang
· Virginia Waring International Piano Competition Semi-finalist
· Mt. Sac solo piano concert
· Gina Bachauer International Piano Competition Semi-finalist
· SYMF Chopin Long Works 1st place
· Glendale Piano Competition 1st place
· SYMF Chopin Scherzo 1st place
· Glendale Piano Competition 1st place
· Spotlight Awards semi-finalist
· Scholarship Awards 1st place
· SYMF Chopin Ballade 1st place
· MTAC Piano Competition 1st place
· San Jose International Piano Competition 2nd prize
· Participated in the Ettlingen International Piano Competition in Germany and was featured on the German weekly
· Bach Festival finalist for Well-Tempered Clavier
· Invited to Cortina, Italy for a series of concerts and masterclasses
· Invited to Perugia, Italy for a series of concerts
There are no reviews yet
I want to see where the student is at! Whether the student is a beginner or one who has had more experience I approach both students with the same mindset and the same goals.
I'm a piano performance major at UCLA.
My mom's a piano teacher so naturally I carried on what she taught me! I love teaching, and I love seeing my students grow musically and come to appreciate the music they play.
Students of all levels. I've worked with the Royal ABRSM system, and CM as well. I've taught students as young as 5 years old and as old as 35.
I went to Italy to perform a series of piano concerts! It was in the summer of 2016 and one of the most exciting and once-in-a-lifetime experiences I've ever had.
Definitely find someone who fits your needs but also fits your personality. I hope I can be that person!
ACT English Tutors Algebra Tutors Algebra 1 Tutors AP English Tutors Classical Piano Lessons English Lessons Music Performance Lessons Piano Lessons AP Biology Tutors AP US History Tutors ACT Tutoring ACT Math Tutors ACT Reading Tutors ACT Science Tutors American Literature Tutors Basic Math Tutors Biology Tutors Ecology Tutors Grammar Lessons Language Tutors