Chensi Violin Viola Lessons
Chensi Tang, Principal viola of New England Symphony Orchestra, Faculty of Music Maker School.
Education: Manhattan School of Music, 2008 - 2016
- Bachelor of Music performance; - Master of Music performance; - Master of Orchestra Playing
Over two years private violin/viola teacher
Student age range:
From 6 to adult
- Carnegie Hall, Manhattan School of Music Orchestra Concert, New York
- Manhattan School of Music Borden Concert Hall, New York, Guest performance with American String Quartet
- Viola Recitals and Graduation Recital (2009, 2011, 2013)
- Chery Hills Community Church, Chamber Performance, Denver
- St. John’s Church, Chamber Orchestra, New Jersey
- National Art Center, Chamber Concert, Ottawa
- Queen Elizabeth School, Chamber Recital, Moncton
- Shanghai Conservatory invitation for String Quartet Recital, Shanghai
- French School, String Quartet with School Chorus, Beijing
- Central Conservatory Recital Hall, Viola Recital, Beijing
Scholarship and Award:
- Manhattan School of Music, New York, NY
Manhattan School of Music Scholarship, 2008-2016
Lillian Fuchs Chamber Music Competition Winner, 2008-2015
Hugo Kortschak Award, For Chamber Music Accpomplishment 2014
- Third Prize, MSM String Concerto Competition, 2011
- Second Prize, 5 Towns String Competition, 2010
- Third Prize, Heida Hermanns String Competition, Westport, CT 2014
- Special Award, Bled International Viola Competition, Bled, Slovenia, 2006
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new student?
I am a traditional music teacher. With the beginner, will start with knowing the instrument, playing open strings. Most of my beginner students start to play the tune in third or fourth lessons
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
I encourage my student to think and to learn. I am an assistant for my student to explore the music. I want my student will be able to self teach a piece without me finally.
I may ask for an interview to accept a student, it's totally free, may through the phone or I drive to you. I only teach one hour lessons, and I do require the parent to sit with the young students for their lessons. If you choose skype lessons, I do require a drive home lesson for at least once a month (except for beginners). Feel free to contact me if you have any question!