Chensi Tang, Principal viola of New England Symphony Orchestra, Faculty of Music Maker School.
Education: Manhattan School of Music, 2008 - 2016
- Bachelor of Music performance; - Master of Music performance; - Master of Orchestra Playing
Over two years private violin/viola teacher
Student age range:
From 6 to adult
- Carnegie Hall, Manhattan School of Music Orchestra Concert, New York
- Manhattan School of Music Borden Concert Hall, New York, Guest performance with American String Quartet
- Viola Recitals and Graduation Recital (2009, 2011, 2013)
- Chery Hills Community Church, Chamber Performance, Denver
- St. John’s Church, Chamber Orchestra, New Jersey
- National Art Center, Chamber Concert, Ottawa
- Queen Elizabeth School, Chamber Recital, Moncton
- Shanghai Conservatory invitation for String Quartet Recital, Shanghai
- French School, String Quartet with School Chorus, Beijing
- Central Conservatory Recital Hall, Viola Recital, Beijing
Scholarship and Award:
- Manhattan School of Music, New York, NY
Manhattan School of Music Scholarship, 2008-2016
Lillian Fuchs Chamber Music Competition Winner, 2008-2015
Hugo Kortschak Award, For Chamber Music Accpomplishment 2014
- Third Prize, MSM String Concerto Competition, 2011
- Second Prize, 5 Towns String Competition, 2010
- Third Prize, Heida Hermanns String Competition, Westport, CT 2014
- Special Award, Bled International Viola Competition, Bled, Slovenia, 2006
Chensi was on time. She came to my home. She didn’t charge me for the first lesson, which I didn’t expect. She had a wonderful rapport with my daughter. She seems to be very professional in her instruction.
I learned violin from Chensi. She helps me a lot and I really like her personally and professionally. She points out my problems and let me know how to correct and improve clearly and patiently. Very responsible and nice teacher!
A wonderful teacher especially for Viola and Violin beginners!
If you want to really hone your technique, definitely turn to Chensi! She's a very active teacher, demonstrating and helping you really learn the proper technique for the instrument. You will definitely have to practice the drills she teaches you at home.
I am a traditional music teacher. With the beginner, will start with knowing the instrument, playing open strings. Most of my beginner students start to play the tune in third or fourth lessons
I encourage my student to think and to learn. I am an assistant for my student to explore the music. I want my student will be able to self teach a piece without me finally.
I may ask for an interview to accept a student, it's totally free, may through the phone or I drive to you. I only teach one hour lessons, and I do require the parent to sit with the young students for their lessons. If you choose skype lessons, I do require a drive home lesson for at least once a month (except for beginners). Feel free to contact me if you have any question!