I am a violinist, vocalist, and educator living in Covington, Kentucky. I began studying violin at the age of 10 in my hometown, Lexington, Kentucky. I earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music (Vocal Performance) from Centre College in Danville, Kentucky in 2004 and have been writing, playing, and teaching in the Greater Cincinnati area ever since! I was trained classically but I enjoy playing and singing in many styles and can help students who are interested in popular music, folk, or improvisation.
I believe that all children and adults can be good musicians if they have the passion and desire to do so. My goals are to:
• increase students’ confidence
• develop their natural abilities to their fullest potential
• enrich their lives by helping them explore a rewarding, fulfilling way in which they can express themselves
• provide an encouraging, non-threatening environment
• empower students with information and support to explore and consider different avenues in which to share their music, such as performance opportunities and career paths
When I studied violin as a child, I learned how to play with proper technique and discovered the sense of accomplishment that can be found in commitment and discipline. Looking back, I realize that what was lacking was the knowledge that I could pursue music as a career. I now write, record, and perform locally and in cities across the South and Midwest. I hope to inspire others by demonstrating that you can do what you love, make a difference in the world, and be successful. Whether a student of mine chooses to pursue music as a full-time career or simply enjoys playing as a hobby, I want to equip them with the skills they need to experience a lifetime of joy through music making!
There are no reviews yet