What is your typical process for working with a new student?
Arts in Motion Dance Academy offers classes in Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Modern/Contemporary, Hip Hop, and more for ages 3 through adult. We are happy to help new students find the perfect class for their age, interests, and skill level. See descriptions of our programs and classes and our full schedule online: www.artsinmotionda.com
Contact us at [email protected] or 804-741-2246 for more info.
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
All of our dance instructors are highly qualified, with a college degree in dance or extensive professional experience. We are a team of artists who are passionate about sharing the joy of dance with each and every one of our students!
Do you have a standard pricing system for your lessons? If so, please share the details here.
For pricing information, visit us online: www.artsinmotionda.com
How did you get started teaching?
Arts in Motion Dance Academy Owner/Artistic Director Casey Royer began teaching dance over 10 years ago in Baltimore, MD, which sparked a lifelong passion. Casey went through a teacher training program at her home studio, EMP, and continued her education at VCU's Dance & Choreography department.
What types of students have you worked with?
AIM has the perfect class for every kind of dancer! Whether you're just dabbling in dance or are dedicated to a lifetime on stage, we have a program that fits your needs. From our tiniest tots to pre-professional teens, to seniors, we can do it all!
What questions should students think through before talking to teachers about their needs?
Did you know that there are no qualifications required in order to open a dance studio? When selecting a dance program for your family, look for qualities that set a studio apart.
Here's what makes AIM Richmond's top destination for dance education:
- Qualified, Passionate Instructors - All of our lead instructors have a college degree in dance or equivalent professional experience. Younger instructors are brought onto the team only if they display extraordinary talent with children in addition to impressive dance credentials, and go through a teacher training program under the direction of the owner. Many of our instructors are active members of the Richmond professional dance community, and they bring their passion for their art form into the classroom. You can see our faculty members perform around Richmond at various venues in a range of styles.
- Small Classes - We have some of the lowest student-teacher ratios in the Richmond area. Our ideal class size is 12 or fewer students. Your child will receive individualized attention every week in class from our qualified instructors. We are dedicated to the education and growth of each and every one of our students as a dancer and as a young person, and believe that this cannot be achieved with huge class sizes. Typically, younger classes with more than 10 dancers have assistants who aid the lead instructor with keeping lines in order, demonstrating steps, handing out props, tying shoes, etc.
- Consistent Quality - At AIM, we are dedicated to providing a high quality dance education to all of our students regardless of their age, ability, or commitment level. A beginning level dancer in the studio once a week is just as important to us as our advanced students who train up to five nights a week.
- Professional Facility - Our facility features neoprene-padded flooring to protect dancers' joints, a comfortable lobby for parents and siblings, and a closed-circuit TV system so you can watch your child's class on one of our TVs in the lobby from the comfort of our couches.
- Guest Teachers - We bring in guest artists to teach and perform to expose our students to a wide range of dance techniques and styles to help them become strong, versatile dancers with open minds and hearts.
- Customer Experience - Customer service is of great importance to us. AIM's Owner/Artistic Director personally responds to all emails and phone calls to make sure that students are registered in the appropriate level and that all parents' questions are answered.