My students train with live amplification and we focus on bridging the voice registers and building the head voice. In addition to that, we train strength and coordination for singing by focusing on the physiology of 'high performance' singing. Students will learn about vocal modes, larynx dampening, how to tune their voice to specific harmonics that sound great, vocal distortion and vowel modification, among many other things. Students train by first calibrating and tuning high performance onsets in sequential work flows, sirens and over 62 original vocal workouts. Song interpretation and coaching on songs is also covered, once students are into the TVS techniques.
Robert Lunte helps singers build strength, motor skills and coordination that takes their vocal and performance skills to the next level using his highly acclaimed TVS method. Vocal coaches who attend Robert’s trainings learn a proven methodology, which gives them the knowledge and skills to offer or sustain a effective and successful voice training practice.
Robert is the owner and founder of The Vocalist Studio (TVS), an internationally recognized voice training school for singing vocal techniques, public speaking, voice consultation and advanced TVS certification program for teachers. Robert is also the author and producer of the vocal instruction training course and book, “The Four Pillars of Singing”.https://www.TheVocalistStudio.com/.
Robert is also the founder of The Modern Vocalist World, the #1 online resource for vocal education and networking on the Internet.https://www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com/.
Robert Lunte is an active vocal artist as well. Click here to visit the Robert Lunte reverberation page: https://www.reverbnation.com/robert.
I enjoy watching how the techniques I have developed make a difference and the happiness and satisfaction my clients get when they realize it is actually starting to work. It is fun watching people realize that they really can sing, if they just understand how the singing voice works and practice the techniques we cover.
There are no reviews yet
Clients call me and we discuss their goals and then establish a 30 and 90 day plan. A voice training session consists of learning how to train to get stronger and more coordinated for singing and song coaching to prepare for auditions and recordings.
Every student receives an online, virtual web page that archives a recording of every lesson, lesson notes and homework which is accessible from any device. This insures that nothing from a lesson is every lost. TVS students enjoy the ability to listen to their recorded lessons and have clear and concise homework assignments to achieve real, lasting progress.
A globally recognized Master Vocal Coach, Clinician, Author & Singer with over 15 years’ experience with substantial success in constructing vocal instructional programs and training contemporary vocalists on a global scale. Developed the internationally recognized TVS Method utilized by singers and voice teachers to create stronger, more coordinated voices for singing and speech therapy. Focuses on the mission to coach “vocal athletes” to achieve amazing range, complete vocal freedom, with a voice of freedom and power. Authored and produced the critically acclaimed vocal instruction book and online course, “The Four Pillars of Singing”. Has conducted Master Classes and speaking engagements surrounding vocal training techniques and the TVS Methodology in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, the United States, Canada, Bulgaria, Turkey, Russia, and Spain.
The Vocalist Studio, LLC, International (TVS) (1997 - Present)
The Vocalist Studio International, an international organization of voice coaches and school of singing, dedicated to the advancement of vocal contemporary singing pedagogy, training and student education. Considered to be one of the world leaders in vocal training for singers.
Founder, Voice Coach, Author, Clinician, Producer
There is an orientation price for the first lesson, then students enroll with a New Student Package which gets them a block of lessons, the full vocal training program, course, book, training scales and 6 private lessons with me.
I have always been a singer and a student of vocal technique. I have been doing this all my life and teaching professionally for 15 years.
Beginners, advanced and professionals of all styles of singing. I am also a teacher of teachers through the TVS Certified Instructor program. I also work with speech therapy clients.
New video productions we are doing with our studnents now after they have learned songs. Click the link below to see:
Make sure that your voice teacher is not teaching you Classical techniques if you are not interested in singing Classical music. Many Voice teachers only have Classical experience and claim to be able to teach any style of singing, but you can not learn contemporary styles of singing with Classical technique.
Furthermore, contrary to what many people assume, most Classical oriented voice teachers are not current on the latest techniques and methods for training singers.
- Do not confuse vocal technique training with style coaching. A great voice coach should be able to instruct a student on both aspects, technique and application to the singing. Great vocal lessons are not only about singing songs. A great voice lesson includes training on vocal workouts and using techniques to build strength and coordination. A student that takes singing lessons should be given technique training and song coaching skills.
- Be sure that your teacher can actually sing and demonstrate the techniques they are teaching. You want a voice coach that can lead by example.
- Make sure that your voice lessons will involve teaching you how to expand your range by bridging your voice registers from chest voice to head voice. If you are not immediately working on achieving this goal, then there is a high likelihood that your voice coach neither can bridge there vocal registers themselves or teach you how. The lack of discussion and training toward this goal, is a red flag and is a symptom of a voice coach that doesn't know how to train this critical skill set the EVERY voice student needs.
- DO NOT take half hour lessons! You cannot properly train a voice or have a productive training session in a half hour. Typically half hour voice lessons are offered for the purpose of "running the numbers" or moving as many students through the studio per day as a teacher can. More students in the same amount of time equals, more money. This is the reason schools and teachers offer half hour lessons. Sadly, it has nothing to do with giving you a quality voice training experience and giving you what you need.
- Be cautious of teachers that teach you "neutral larynx" or "speech level singing" ideas. While this approach to training can have some very mild benefits for beginners, this approach lacks the techniques or the understanding on how to sing in the head voice and produce full sounding, connected belts to make your high notes sound like your chest voice. To sing great, you need to contract muscles and really feel what is going on in the larynx. Anyone that tells you that you can sing belt voice on high notes and not feel anything in your larynx or that it should feel like "speech", frankly is misleading you due to their own misunderstanding of what is really required to belt.
- For most people, significant results can happen anywhere between 2 to 12 weeks of serious training and study. Provided that you have the right techniques and teacher that can offer you a program for practicing properly and the training content to facilitate that training.
Make sure that you have lyrics and files for your songs that do not have singing recorded on them. A voice coach needs to work with "bed tracks" that you can sing over the top. It is critical that you also bring in lyrics so that your voice coach can do the proper "lyric mapping" required to effectively help you work your songs.