20 years teaching experience, but not only in private lessons. Doug has also served as a certified classroom teacher, with a B.A. in Interdisciplinary Arts & Performance, highly qualified in music, as well as theatre and visual art.
* Peoria Unified School District
* Tempe Union High School District
* Skyline Education
* McKnight Music Academy
Doug is also a prodigious artist, with practical experience in many disciplines. He has fronted several local bands, performing, recording, touring - but that's not all.
* Lead & harmony vocals, electric & acoustic guitar (lead & rhythm), bass guitar, harmonica, keyboards, music theory, songwriting (music & lyrics), improvisation.
* Wrote the songs for the Playhouse Theatre For Children musical adaptation of "Sleepy Hollow", which went on to win the Arizoni Award for Best Musical Arrangement.
* Has a rich theatre background, having produced and directed over a dozen plays, including comedies, dramas, musicals and Shakespeare. Technical theatre background as well (pro lighting, sound, set design, stage makeup, etc.).
* Doug's a magnetic, charasmatic performer, and knows what it takes to connect with an audience. While most guitar teachers stop with notes and scales, Doug can teach you how to perform your music with confidence and presence.
Read more about this pro
Mr. Ballance is an awesome teacher! I had an absolute blast with him and the other students in our drama class together. He really knows how to bring out the best in his students and genuinely cares about their success. I love his passion for the craft and I still, after a decade, use the methods he taught me during our time together whenever I take on an acting gig.