- Music is my passion! Playing the piano, as well as studying notes, scales, chords, terms, and theory, is what I love to do
- Not only do I teach, but I provide activities, worksheets, and games for students to do and participate in to make learning easier and fun!
- I spend extra time and effort explaining to students any material that they may be having a harder time with, and practicing with them
- I love children! Teaching them and seeing them learn makes me so happy :)
- Of course, also available to teach pre-teens, older teens, and adults :)
- Music, playing piano, and teaching are three things that I love to do most! By teaching piano, I get to combine all three!
- I love seeing students grow and learn through music, and seeing them progress in piano brings me so much joy!
- I'm a very social person - teaching piano allows me to carry a social relationship with students and communicate while they are being taught at the same time.
- I love children and teens, and I get to be with them a lot when I teach!
- I get to do what I love while my students get to learn a plethora of skills through music and piano!
Victoria is a very good instructor. My daughters love her since day one. I am very happy to see my daughters enjoying their class. My experience has been very positive. I highly recommend Victoria.
She is awesome. Dispite she be young, she has lot of knowledge and a gift of teaching. My daughters love her. I definitely recommend Victoria.
I generally first give a quick overview of the all the keys on the piano (not teaching all of them haha, just quickly showing them on the keyboard). Then I show them the five-finger pattern that all pianists will always use throughout the course of playing piano, and we will do an activity and/or game for them to memorize it. After practicing, I will give a quick overview of quarter notes and half notes and we will practice the beats through things such as clapping and stomping. Then I will give them a quick, easy music piece that does not require knowledge of reading sheet music so that they can get used to the five-finger pattern. Generally, this piece will consist of solely the use of two to three fingers.
Please Note: This process does seem childish as it is meant for students that are children. A relatively similar process would occur with a teen or adult to get the basics down, just in a manner that is not as childish.
I took piano lessons for 6 years and my piano teacher qualified me to teach. I already learned theory throughout my piano lessons, but I took a couple months of a music theory course in addition to piano lessons.
My standard pricing is $25 an hour. One lesson is an hour long, and lessons are once a week. Lessons can be shorter depending on the student and whatever the parent or student's preference is :)
I have worked with young children (ages 4-6), mid to late elementary students (ages 7-10), pre-teens (ages 11-12), and teenagers (ages 15-17), and adults.