My diverse background as educator, professional violist, and music director of Riverview Chamber Players enables me to provide you with a rich musical experience – one that moves beyond technical skills and into the joy of playing.
In your viola or violin lessons,
I promise to:
- Create a comfortable and supportive environment in which mistakes are just part of the learning process.
- Encourage you to laugh, ask questions, and explore.
- Adapt my teaching approach to your learning style.
- Use a combination of movement and clapping to teach you rhythm.
- Teach you scales and arpeggios including how they apply to the music you are playing.
- Emphasize pattern recognition in rhythms, notes, and phrases.
- Explain the meaning of musical symbols and help you recognize them in new pieces of music.
- Focus on correct movement and physical posture to avoid pain or injury.
- Train you in excellent technique.
- Play duets with you to enhance your ensemble playing and to highlight the joy of chamber music.
- Practice sight-reading to enable you to learn new pieces of music quickly and independently.
- Advise you on how to structure your practice sessions.
- Introduce you to a variety of styles of music.
- Prepare you for two recitals a year with the emphasis on fun!