I am a fun Music teacher with lots of experience. I have taught voice and piano for over 12 years.I taught music with Columbus public schools and also in Los Angeles. We will learn fun songs together, but also I will help you with the skills needed to learn how to become a great pianist. You will learn how to read notes, how to count and read at the same time. Play with both hands. play duets with 2 people, and Music theory. You also will learn how to play classical music, fun show tunes, scales,
and many other styles. at the end of the course you will learn how to play a song that you like.
like maybe a song off the radio. (only if you practice and do well during the course).
My goal for you is for you to have a good time learning how to play, and to be able to appreciate
and love music the way I do!!OBJECTIVETo seek a challenging position in an environment that will allow me the opportunity to further grow and advance.
Vocal Music Education
Columbus Public Schools, Columbus, Ohio - 9/09-1/10
Centennial Academy School, Huntington Park, California- 8/06-8/09
Progressive Education Entrepreneurial School, Los Angeles, California- 9/03-10/04
Scottwood Elementary School, Columbus, Ohio – 1/03-6/03
Medina Middle School, Columbus, Ohio – 9/99-6/02
Columbus Alternative High School, Columbus, Ohio – 1/98-9/98
Everett Middle School, Columbus, Ohio – 1/97-1/98
Franklin Alternative Middle School, Columbus, Ohio – 9/96-6/97• Taught vocal and related music courses for grades k through 12.
• Helped students enhance their appreciation of a variety of music styles.
• Counseled students regarding academic enrichment, college preparation and empowerment.
• Prepared vocal students for winter and spring concerts and music appreciation activities.
• Organized and prepared lesson plans and maintained classroom discipline.Summer Employment
Private Industry Council – 6/98-8/02• Assisted youth ages 14-17 in seeking employment opportunities for the summer.
• Taught career development classes.
• Counseled students regarding proper work ethics.
• Organized and maintained weekly timesheets.
EDUCATION Central State University, Wilberforce, Ohio – 1995
Received B.S., Music Education