- At your home.
- Age 10 and up.
- Beginners: I'll get you started
- Intermediate players: I'll take your playing to the next level.
- Playing for 30 years (jazz, blues, Beatles, Bach)
- Teaching for 16 years (City Of Providence Parks and Recreation, The Providence District School Board, freelancing)
- Advanced knowledge of improvisation, guitar finger style, performance, arranging, music theory, songwriting.
- Special interest and expertise in the genres of jazz, blues, latin, rock and roll.
- Strong pedagogic skills, including curriculum creation, skill and knowledge assessment, maintaining students' focus on core concepts.
After about four or five weeks of focused practicing, I will be encouraging you to play the music that motivated you to want to learn how to play. Play what you love.
More about what I'll show you:
- playing tunes, chords and scales
- how to practice time and rhythm ('strumming patterns')
- songwriting and improvising
- active listening
- audition preparation for those who are applying to post-secondary music schools
There are no reviews yet