Cooper Hyde Music Lessons
- I am a Berklee College of Music graduate currently working as a Composer/Producer/Guitarist/Trumpet Player/Teacher.
- CRLA certified Master Tutor during my time tutoring Ear Training, Music Theory (classical & jazz), Arranging, Conducting, and Composition at the Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA.
- Featured recording artist and record producer for groups ranging from Rock and Pop to Rap and EDM.
- I've worked as a private music teacher for 9 years; teaching Trumpet, Guitar, Composition, and Production.
- I cater my curriculum to each student individually. I want to know what makes you love music and want to learn to play/record it. I use theory to help students understand why they like what they like and how to sound like the artists they admire. Music is a very personal art and I don't think one book could ever apply to every student.
- Learn more and listen to my proffesional work at my website: www.cooperhydemusic.com
I have always been a fan of a huge range of musical styles and I love being able to write, arrange, produce, and perform any kind of music that I feel. I like getting to know a student's musical personality and helping them find the music they love and be able to play it on any level as quickly and comfortably as possible.
Photos and videos
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new student?
I like to get to know the student's musical interests. We can find some common styles, artists, songs, or composers we both enjoy and then go from there. It's always important to find what about music excites them and then taylor the lesson experience to tap into that excitment all the time. That's what makes practicing something they love to do, instead of a chore.
If they're a complete beginner then we start by breaking down what makes their instrument unique and listening to some music together to identify the musical path they want to follow.
If they're not a beginner I like to play some music with them to get a feel for where they're at as an instrumentalist.