Dan Lupo Music
I tailor my teachings based on your goals! Not everyone is in it for the same reasons so I make sure you are getting to where you need to go as fast as possible.
I love seeing the look on a studnets face when they hit the high note, get the guitar lick, or play the piano piece they have always wanted to play. Music is therapy and I love bringing out what is resting internally with my students.
Able to read music
Photos and videos
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new student?
First, I set up a meeting in which me and the student can discuss their goals for learning the piano or guitar.
Second, I will give some insight and inspiration for the student by setting up goals to achieve.
Third, the student will be able to say "yes" to me as their teacher or "no."
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
- I have a bachelors degree in piano performance from Florida Atlantic University.
- I have taught private lessons for over 5 years.
- I have played in over 3 music groups
- I am a singer-songwriter with music on outlets such as Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play etc. Refer to link below to hear more.
Do you have a standard pricing system for your lessons? If so, please share the details here.
30mins = $50
45mins = $75
1hr = $90
NOTE: These are the general prices for lesssons, however, there is room for change in these prices just reach out and we can talk it through.
How did you get started teaching?
I started teaching through the promting of a friend and realized the joy that I received from it, the relationships formed, and the progess the students made. I am now continuing in it!
What types of students have you worked with?
- I have worked with students of varying ages from 6yrs old to 35 years old.
- I have worked with people at a beginners level as well as a more advanced level.
- Recently, I was able to give the lead singer of the band the "Head and the Heart" some tips before he sang on Jimmy Fallon live in New York with his band.
Describe a recent event you are fond of.
I have been focusing on song-writing and music distribution lately, and I remember having various conversations with people who had musical talent but they had not tried song-writing. Through these conversations I had inspired some to attempt song-writing! I love being a pusher of music of all forms!
What advice would you give a student looking to hire a teacher in your area of expertise?
Have a meeting!
Never just hire someone because you read about them. Meet them face to face, get to know them, feel free to ask them ANYTHING you have a question about.
Then decide if they are a right fit for you.
What questions should students think through before talking to teachers about their needs?
You want to think through...
1) Why am I learning this instrument? This will help with personal goal setting
2) How much time am I willing to spend on learning it? Music requires practice
3) How much can I pay? A good music teacher will cost money, but you will be getting great expertise