My name is Walter and I've been teaching music for more than seven years. I play guitar, cello, bass and piano. I've explored various genres, including Rock, Blues, Flamenco, Jazz and others.
The teaching experience that I've got has led me to a conclusion that the best results are achieved when music comes first. Only after that - theory and technique.
Therefore, the lessons are designed in a way that you start playing the ''real stuff'' from the very beginning, advancing the technique on the go. The amount of technical drills and theory are minimized to the amount which doesn't interfere with your comfort levels.
I usually ask my students to think about the kind of music they actually want to play. Then, if possible, to come up with a short song list. The further studying process is organized around that material. We start with simple bass lines and rhythm, but almost effortlessly they will grow into more complex chords and solos.
What you can learn/improve in the classes:
- Your general understanding of music and becoming a better listener
- Your stamina, concentration and ability to be present in the moment, doing one thing at a time
- Achieving "musicality" in your performance
- Rhythm and lead guitar techniques
- Finger-style and plectrum picking techniques
- Chords and scales
- Music reading from TABs or notation
- Music theory up to a level you prefer
- Principles of playing in an ensemble/band
It is important that you have a wish to improve yourself and dedication to practice at home. The process of learning an instrument involves a lot of repetition and persistence.
The lessons take place in your own home.
There are no reviews yet
$ 50.00 for one hour lesson
$ 170 for four lessons, if booked in advance