Guitars From Spain
* Motivation and fun are Key!
* I teach all ages, however, most of my students are adults and professionals.
* I make lessons exciting and productive.
* 30 years of experience
* Stage Experience. I work as a professional musician for the last 35 years.
* I teach online via Zoom or Skype, or at my Boca Raton Studio. Mask required and 10 ft distance.
* I teach Acoustic, Electric, Classical and Flamenco Guitar , Bass & Drums (Drum Set & Latin percussion).
* Education - Masters in Music - Sweden 1989
* I organize 2 student concerts per year. Live or Online. It's important to have a goal.
* I speak English, Spanish, and 4 other languages.
* Once a student discovers how easy it can be to play a song they've been hearing their whole lives, they smile and feel the joy of music. This is the biggest reward a teacher/ educator can experience.
* I've gained friends for Life. My first teacher Gunnar Lif now 88 y/o, and I, still enjoy talking and discussing life and music.
* Music is a wonderful way to establish everlasting connections. It is not unusual I get stopped on the street and someone says, "Hi Eduardo, Remember me? you taught me to play guitar....."
Photos and videos
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new student?
Initial free meeting with student
Reviewing goals and educational material with student
Inspecting instrument or suggesting one
Setting up schedule and payment plan
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
Masters in Music Education Sweden 1989
American School, Mexico City 1993-1996
Additional music courses internationally
Private teaching Boca Raton 1996-Present
Do you have a standard pricing system for your lessons? If so, please share the details here.
$30 / half hour
$50 / hour first month
Adults 1 hour ( Suggested )
Children ( under 12) half hour
We rent Classical and Acoustic (steel-string) guitars
How did you get started teaching?
When I was 16 y/o people asked me to teach them the songs I played. In 1982 I started my Music Education in Sweden and Spain. I've been teaching since then.
What types of students have you worked with?
beginners, Intermediate and Advanced
Classical, Flamenco, Acoustic and Electric Guitar
Bass - Beginners
Acoustic and Electric- beginners, and intermediate.
Drums - Beginners and intermediate
Drum Set- Beginners and intermediate
Latin Percussion -Beginners and advanced
Congas and Hand Percussion - Beginners and intermediate
Describe a recent event you are fond of.
This is a story about Tommy
Tommy was 7 years old when his grandmother asked me to teach him to play guitar. She said, "Please make music a part of his life."
At 12 years old Tommy had to stop taking lessons. His parents divorced and he could not afford it any longer.
At 17 Tommy returned and asked me to prepare him to apply for the Navy Jazz Orchestra band. Since 2005 Tommy has been touring worldwide and dazzling audiences together with the USA Navy Orchestra Band.
Stephanie came to me when she was 11. She told me she wanted to play guitar at her Bat Mitzvah 8 months later. According to Jewish law, the Bat Mitzvah is celebrated at 12 years old. The day of her service, Stephanie was standing beside the Rabbi singing and playing her guitar, the Rabbi invited her back every Friday night service. Until today, Stephanie keeps enticing congregation members and writing songs..
One of my best students is an 88 y/o fellow, He started form scratch 2 years ago, He's now participating in all recital we do and he's is dedicated and se
What advice would you give a student looking to hire a teacher in your area of expertise?
You need to have a great connection with your teacher. Give him a chance for about a month, and see how you both work together.
What questions should students think through before talking to teachers about their needs?
Students need to have very specific REALISTIC Goals within a reasonable time frame.
All musical instruments take time and dedication. Students to practice at home, maybe 30-60- minutes to see any improvement.
The teacher will show you the Road, but YOU need to walk it.