- 20 years of music performance and teaching experience
- Recording artist
- Classical, Electric Guitar. Universidad de los Andes, Guitar Craft, Guitar Circles, Bang on a can fellow.
- Acoustic, Electroacoustic and Electronic composition.
My wife and I were looking for a hobby we could both do together now that our children are all out on their own. I started talking about learning how to play the guitar and she had always thought it would be a fun hobby too. We purchased an acoustic for her and an electric for me. We started playing using different apps and watching several YouTube videos. My wife attended a free ladies night at Guitar Center where Daniel Reyes Llinas led the workshop. As a gift at Christmas we bought each other guitar lessons and chose Daniel as our instructor. In four weekends of 30 minute lessons each we both improved. I had developed some bad habits from trying to learn on my own and Daniel was excellent at teaching me how to correct my style. He gave us several practice patterns to help us build better coordination for both hands. By the fourth lesson we were able to play part of a song with him. We both really enjoy Daniel’s teaching methods and highly recommend him.
- We begin where we are.
Any potential student has their own capacities and limitations. The idea is to detect and address the limitations to provide with with tools based on their capacities ( age, schedule, musicianship, goals ) to make her/him a better player.
- Classical guitar, Universidad de los Andes 1997-2001
- Guitar Craft / Circles 2004-2016
- Composition with Fernando Otero & Luis Ianes, NYC 2006-2010
- 2010 Bang on a Can fellowship
- International touring artist ( USA, Colombia, Argentina & Germany )
- $50 ( 60 minutes lessons ) at my studio.
- $65 in home ( 60 minutes lessons )
- When is I was in college I had request from friends and family.
- beginners from 7 years old up to 60 yeears old.
- Intermediate and advance players who wan to improve their playing or expolore my approach.
- Multinstrumentalist looking for techniques.
- Nik Bartsch & Trey Gunn ( Groove Ritual and modes ) who I produced March 2019 in Seattle.
- Have a clear goal on your instrument ( singer songwriting, technique, etc )
- Be patient, consistent and compassionate with your progress.
- Is this the right instrument for my body type, age, size?