Eka, meaning one, has a vision to honor and serve the uniqueness of every individual and a mission to significantly improve the health and well-being of those individuals through Yoga and Ayurveda.
Traditionally, Yoga and Ayurveda were thought of as two closely related spiritual or sacred sciences rooted in the Vedic tradition of India. Reconnecting these two traditions creates the opportunity for yoga practitioners to begin to understand and appreciate that they are unique and what they need in their diet, yoga practice, and routine is unique.
Private lessons provide a setting in which individual need can completely be addressed. Yoga postures and breathing exercises are chosen and developed to meet these specific needs. In one-on-one yoga, the student will be carefully guided by verbal instruction, demonstration, and hands on direction to explore yoga to meet their own needs at their own pace.
Angela first began her practice of meditation and yoga in 2002 to alleviate chronic back pain and symptoms of depression. Since then, Angela has come along way! She has been lucky enough to travel to India twice to study Yoga and Ayurveda and deepen her own practice. Angela has been continually blessed and inspired by the ways she has seen Yoga and Ayurveda transform lives and bodies, including her own. She has a genuine passion for teaching all things and finds joy in encouraging her students to explore their own unique gifts. That passion and belief in honoring every individual's unique qualities is what drove Angela to create and open what is now EkaYoga.
There are no reviews yet
1. New students are sent an intake form to provide the teacher with additional information on their already existing day to day activities, to relay any injuries, any specific needs, and/or any particular goals they're striving to meet.
2. Teacher follows up with any questions regarding the intake form.
3. Teacher designs a yoga class based on the needs and requests of the student.
1. Education: 500 E-RYT (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher through the Yoga Alliance). Studied with and continuing to study with Master Teachers in Yoga and Ayurveda.
2. Over 10 years of teaching experience.