I tailor my teachings based on your goals! Not everyone is in it for the same reasons so I make sure you are getting to where you need to go as fast as possible.
I love seeing the look on a studnets face when they hit the high note, get the guitar lick, or play the piano piece they have always wanted to play. Music is therapy and I love bringing out what is resting internally with my students.
I’ve been working with Dan for a little over a month now & after taking a break from piano for over 6 years I’ve been able to get back into it and learn things I never learned in my previous 15 years of playing piano. Dan has been amazing at helping me work towards my goal of learning more music theory and composition.
I have been taking voice lessons with Dan for about two months now, and have noticed obvious improvements. Dan demonstrates and communicates concepts in a way that is easy to understand and he also gives clear and actionable feedback. Beyond this, he is friendly, accommodating, and responsive -- all amazing qualities to have as a teacher and person. Highly recommend to anyone looking to learn more about music.
Dan was such an amazing piano teacher! He made the lessons so fun and incorporated singing and playing piano into my lessons, which I loved! He did a great job at going through my lesson plan and my interests/goals with me when I started taking lessons, and would update them each time with things to work on before our next lesson. I really appreciated the organization and looked forward to lessons every week :)
Dan was incredible. Warm, connective, and immediately helpful. I’ve made tangible progress after only two sessions.
First, I set up a meeting in which me and the student can discuss their goals for learning the piano or guitar.
Second, I will give some insight and inspiration for the student by setting up goals to achieve.
Third, the student will be able to say "yes" to me as their teacher or "no."
- I have a bachelors degree in piano performance from Florida Atlantic University.
- I have taught private lessons for over 5 years.
- I have played in over 3 music groups
- I am a singer-songwriter with music on outlets such as Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play etc. Refer to link below to hear more.
30mins = $50
45mins = $75
1hr = $90
NOTE: These are the general prices for lesssons, however, there is room for change in these prices just reach out and we can talk it through.
I started teaching through the promting of a friend and realized the joy that I received from it, the relationships formed, and the progess the students made. I am now continuing in it!
- I have worked with students of varying ages from 6yrs old to 35 years old.
- I have worked with people at a beginners level as well as a more advanced level.
- Recently, I was able to give the lead singer of the band the "Head and the Heart" some tips before he sang on Jimmy Fallon live in New York with his band.
I have been focusing on song-writing and music distribution lately, and I remember having various conversations with people who had musical talent but they had not tried song-writing. Through these conversations I had inspired some to attempt song-writing! I love being a pusher of music of all forms!
Have a meeting!
Never just hire someone because you read about them. Meet them face to face, get to know them, feel free to ask them ANYTHING you have a question about.
Then decide if they are a right fit for you.
You want to think through...
1) Why am I learning this instrument? This will help with personal goal setting
2) How much time am I willing to spend on learning it? Music requires practice
3) How much can I pay? A good music teacher will cost money, but you will be getting great expertise