Personalized lessons. All ages. Any style.
- First 2 lessons are free!
- Lessons can be taken at a GLP professional teaching studio or via Skype. In-home lessons available in Nashville and Hermitage!
- Guitar, bass, ukulele, songwriting, production, audio/engineering lessons
- Styles or study include Blues, Rock, Jazz, Country, Classical, Folk, Singer-Songwriter, Americana, Funk, Soul, R&B, Reggae, Surf, Punk Rock, Metal and many more
- Lessons can be paid via a monthly or weekly plan. No long-term commitments required.
- GLP teaches techniques and theories of the various styles that each student is most interested in learning. This could include the ability to read music notation, advanced ear training, rhythmic development, ensemble skills, songwriting/compositional tools, improvisation, chord theory, advanced guitar neck theory/visualization techniques (such as CAGED system and modes), scale/interval theory, understanding keys via circle of fourths/fifths, drop 2 chords, jazz chord pools, and much more.
- Songs are chosen based on the skill level and stylistic interests of each student. From there, various aspects of technique and musical theory will be broken down and then built upon within each song that follows.
- For younger students, the approach is similar but with a longer timeline and a greater focus on developing a proper foundation of left/right hand mechanics. All things technical are balanced with patience and encouragement.
In just a few lessons, Trevor has been able to pass his love for guitar on to my daughter. He's a great pedagogue and musician, always keeps his calm and is very methodical in his lesson plan. I highly recommend him.
easy to schedule, and arrange payments. Trevor has a great personality to teach guitar.
Trevor is a fantastic teacher! Engaging, kind, and patient. I would recommend him to anyone.
Excellent choice for music instruction at any age! Extensive knowledge of various styles and techniques. Willing to work with your schedule is a huge bonus. Would recommend to anyone looking to receive a solid foundation in beginning guitar, or anyone looking to further their current understanding!
From aspiring songwriters to professional artists, Trevor has helped countless musicians reach the next level in their craft. Whether you just want to learn a few songs to strum around the campfire or become the next Jimi Hendrix, no dreams are off limits. Accommodating busy work schedules and hectic city lives, Trevor will happily create lesson plans to match the pace and goals of each student. Any aspect of style, technique, and theory can be covered at various difficulty levels and across every genre including Rock, Blues, Classical, Country, Folk, Pop, Singer/Songwriter, Jazz, Alternative, Funk, Soul/R&B, Metal and many more.
With over 12 years of professional teaching experience and nearly 20 years as a guitarist/musician, Trevor Willmott has developed an effective, unique, and fun style of teaching.
After graduating Belmont University in 2012 with a Bachelor's of Music in Jazz Guitar, Trevor has continued teaching, writing, recording, and performing music nationwide. Having taught students from ages 3-80 years old, Trevor is a patient and encouraging teacher who believes in positive reinforcement and open communication during lessons.
MONTHLY PAYMENT PLAN
(approximately 4 lessons per month/1 make-up lesson per month/no cancellation policy)
For students who want to see the most results at the best value.
- 30-Minute Private Lessons: $152/month
- 45-Minute Private Lessons: $220/month
- 1-Hour Private Lessons:$280/month
WEEKLY PAYMENT PLAN
(fee of $10/half hour for lessons cancelled the day of)
For students who want to go at their own pace and need more flexibility in scheduling.
- 30-Minute Private Lessons: $45/lesson
- 45-Minute Private Lessons: $65/lesson
- 1-Hour Private Lessons: $80/lesson
**All prices above apply to Skype lessons as well**
I was invited to teach at a local guitar shop (Carl's Music) in Lexington, KY at just 15 years old. I've been developing my skills as an instructor ever since and have served the Nashville community for over 10 years now.
I've worked with nearly every type of student in countless genres! From 3 to 80 years old and from classical to blues to jazz to metal. I love the challenge of finding methods that work for every student. It's all about keeping motivation and inspiration high throughout the learning process. I want students to enjoy music and taking lessons as much as I want to help them reach their personal goals.