Welcome to my profile!
I am a highly experienced music educator with an educational background from the Conservatorio Nacional de Música de Santo Domingo, Universidad Nacional Pedro Henríquez Ureña (UNPHU), the Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hamburg (Austauschprogramm), and several programs from Berklee College of Music.
I am a professional guitar player experienced in several different styles and genres ranging from pop, r&b, rock, blues to many kinds of latin (merengue, bachata, bossa, samba, and more) music, jazz and classical guitar (jazz guitar and classical guitar are the ones I had formal studies for); I am a composer (very qualified for jazz, jingles, soundtracks for ads, beats, film scoring and more), arranger, copyist (I work with both Finale and Sibelius). Also, I have experience working with several DAWs, mainly Ableton and Logic. Tracking lots of guitars, making beats, working on top of film, movie trailers, TV ads and more.
NOTE: Languages besides from english: spanish (first language), german (intermediate), and french (basic).
my experience as a student has been excellent. Teacher Roque explains everything so that one can understand it in a simpler way and that makes the learning so much faster and permanent. He is also very dedicated, the fact that I know that I can contact him during the day for any questions and that he will always gladly answer me is very motivating.
Roque is the best, very dedicated teacher, whit him i have learned a lot. I recommed it for sure 👌🏼
Thank you, friend, for helping me take another step in music. Your teaching method from the point of venturing into feeling the music and internalizing its fluency and then analyzing what happened, what the person thought or how the person who plays a piece thought it is really efficient.
Before the first lesson I am always making sure of doing the right questions to my students to know what kind of music styles are they interested in, what drives them to become a better musician everyday, and so being able address those things they want to achieve with these lessons. This way I can decide which will be the proper path for each student to achieve their goals and start working in this custom crafted path right away from that first moment we meet without any kind of detours. This method grants the delivery of the best results there can be to each and everyone of my single students.
According to what each individual student wants to achieve, I’ll focus on setting a very broad set of ways to target the adversities each of my students can stumble upon during the task of conquering and mastering the art of guitar playing (also any of the other fretted instruments I teach); targeting: technique, language (music lines, riff, phrases in the style of jazz, rock, blues, latin music and more), fretboard knowledge, chord vocabulary, comping and rhythm guitar, repertoire, etudes, and more. A whole custom program that will allow you to learn and enhance in every aspect of the necessary skills to become a proficient and versatile guitarist.
After every lesson you will be getting the complementary material:
- A PDF Sheet Music / Chords
- Exercises & Supporting Materials (Videos, audio recordings, pics, and more)
- Video Tutorials
- And my assistance. I am always available to help my students throughout the week to help my students out with any doubt or question about any topic related to our lessons.
- Intermediate Music Studies, Estudio Diná de Educación Musical, Recinto Santo Domingo.
-Elemental & Intermediate Violin Studies, Estudio Diná de Educación Musical, Recinto Santo Domingo.
- Elemental & Intermediate Guitar Studies, Estudio Diná de Educación Musical, Recinto Santo Domingo.
- Improvisation course around Latin Jazz, teachers: Ania Paz (main teacher and creator of the course), Ramón Vásquez, Juamy Fernandez Acosta, Ezequiel Francisco Rodríguez. Course duration time of the course: 5 consecutive Saturdays, at the end of the summer of 2012.
- “Berklee in Santo Domingo 2014” course, teachers: Jim Kelly (Guitar and improvisation technique), Julian Lage (Guitar and improvisation technique), Bruno Raberg (Harmony), Bob Pilkington (Ensemble). Course duration time: one week, during the month of January 2014.
- Composition and Arrangement for Jazz Orchestra Workshop, taught from June 16 to 26, 2014 at the National Conservatory of Music by Dr. Sócrates García, 12 hours of lessons.
- Caribbean Guitar 3 & 4, Cultural Center of Spain. Course duration time: 12 hours, from September 8 to 13, 2014.
- “Berklee in Santo Domingo 2015” course, teachers: Jim Kelly (Guitar and improvisation technique), Norm Zocher (Guitar and improvisation technique), Bruno Raberg (Harmony), Bob Pilkington Big Band, and guitarist of the vocal choir performed in the program that year. Course duration time: one week, during the month of January 2015.
- “Berklee in Santo Domingo 2016” course, teachers: Jim Kelly (Guitar and improvisation technique), Norm Zocher (Guitar and improvisation technique), Bruno Raberg (Ensemble), Ken Cervenka (Jazz Improvisation). Course duration time: one week, during the month of January 2016.
- Winner of one of the scholarships awarded in the “Berklee in Santo Domingo 2016” course. To participate in the summer “Guitar Sessions” program at Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts.
- “Guitar Sessions Summer Program”, at Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts. Teachers: Richie Hart, Sheryl Baily, John Baboian, among others. Course duration time: one week, during the month of August 2016.
- Winner of one of the scholarships awarded by the Ministerio de la Juventud to do a bacherlor in Music at UNPHU. December 2016.
- Bacherlor in Contemporary Music Studies at the Pedro Henríquez Ureña University (UNPHU), Corey Allen (Head of the Program). Senior student, thesis due to deliver summer 2020.
- Graduate of the National Conservatory of Music of Santo Domingo, 2018.
- Student at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater (HfMT), in Hamburg, Germany, during the period 2018-2019 as a student participating in the ISAP exchange program between the Pedro Henríquez Ureña University and the HfMT.
- Native Language: Spanish.
- English Studies, Dominican American Cultural Institute (ICDA). Level: bilingual.
- German. Medium level.
- French Studies, Alliance Française de Santo Domingo (AFSD). Basic level.
- Private guitar tutor from 2014 to the present.
- Music Corner teacher from August 2015 to the end of the school year in 2016.
- Diná Music Education Study Professor (EDEM) from 2015-2017.
- Playing in different groups of the National Conservatory of Music, such as the Big Band of Jazz, the Dominican Music orchestra, among others.
- Working as an independent musician with different artists, such as:
• Auro Sónico (Musical Direction and Arrangements (2017))
• Frogui (2017-Present)
• Alain Mallet (Collaboration in the DR Jazz Festival as a student of the National Conservatory of Music (2017))
• Bernardo Hernández (Collaboration in the DR Jazz Festival as a student of the National Conservatory of Music (2016))
• Under the musical direction of Josean Jacobo (2016-2018):
- José Antonio Molina
- Joseíto Mateo
- Niní Cáffaro
- Maridalia Hérnandez
- Milly Quezada
- Miriam Cruz
- Johnny Ventura
- Eddy Herrera
- Peña Suazo
- Xiomara Fortuna
- And many other greats of the dominican music
- As a freelancer I also work as a: Music producer, Beat Maker, Music Engraver, Ad/TV/Film Scoring, Sound Designer, Arranger, Composer and as a Session Guitarist.
- A first free 30min trial lesson
- Book 4+ One-On-One lessons and you get 15% OFF
- Book 10+ One-On-One lessons and you get 20% OFF
BASIC ONLINE PRIVATE LESSON
- A 30 minute private online lesson with Roque via Zoom.
- For all levels and ages.
BASIC+ ONLINE PRIVATE LESSON
- A 45 minute private online lesson with Roque via Zoom.
- For all levels and ages.
STANDARD ONLINE PRIVATE LESSON
- A 60 minute private online lesson with Roque via Zoom.
- For all levels and ages.
STANDARD+ ONLINE PRIVATE LESSON
- A 90 minute private online lesson with Roque via Zoom.
- For all levels and ages.
I have taught lessons to students from all ages and levels, ranging from very experienced to completely new in to the music world students, without any previous knowledge.
Accompaniment Lessons Acoustic Guitar Lessons Arrangement And Composition Lessons Blues Guitar Lessons Classical Guitar Lessons Composition Lessons Ear Training Lessons Electric Guitar Lessons Film Scoring Lessons Guitar Lessons Music Performance Lessons Music Teachers Music Theory Lessons Ukulele Lessons